Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed cameras on the link

Options
  • 10-08-2006 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

saw them putting up two cameras this morning...
    could they be speed cameras.... in cork.....nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

i heard that they might just be for monitoring the traffic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

no need to spend money monitoring that traffic - if its rush hour it sucks, if its themiddle of the night it's ok, if you drive it int eh afternoon you take your life in your hands. simple as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Invest in an angle grinder.

LOL the topic is speed cameras, not clamps

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

maybe an anglegrinder and a ladder?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I have been informed by someone who knows someone who knows someone that the reason the tunnel was closed was for the instilation of speed camera's. So that's that. No more doing eighty through the tunnel then slowing down to fifty before the end of it just in case the cops are out with the speed gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

the speed limit through the tunnel is 80, why slow down to 50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

the speed limit through the tunnel is 80, why slow down to 50?

I'm showing my great age of 28 and quoting miles not kilometres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

well, I'm 27, but didn't start to learn to drive until a few weeks before kph came out, which is probably why I didn't get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Where *exactly* are the cameras? Better to know now than when I see something flashing in my face as I speed by :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Keep an eye out for lines on the road. The camera can't work until they paint a way to measure your speed onto the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

They arent speed cameras. They are pointing towards carrs hill just where the Douglas traffic joins the Link. Traffic monitoring i would say.

woo for no speed cameras then!!
    shame my motor bike cant go fast enough to flaunt the speed limits :(

Advertisement