Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help

• 10-08-2006 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I stupidly had unprotected sex with a girl on a one night stand a few months back and now have noticed some signs that may indicate I have an STI.

I've noticed the thread on STI clinics on this board but a lot of the clinics seem to mention gay mens health project or similar details. i'm just wondering if these clinics cater for all people or if local GPs can administer these tests?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, I think they cater for all people if the things they are seeing are the same, you shouldn't be worried cos it's a good thing to get done, I went to the clinic in Cork and students kept walking in recognising each other and saying "god, what a place to meet you" and laughing it off.
    Your GP can do a full screen but you are better off to go to a genito-urinary clinic because they can give you initial results straight away and full results within a couple of weeks.
    A doctor there actually said that you were far better off going to a clinic anonymously rather than have a HIV test included (full screen includes this) on your medical records - something to do with being difficult to get life insurance if this is discovered (weird since its standard practice but they must think you live on the edge or something)...
    Anyway, well done for recognising the need for this before you pass it on to someone you really like, I hope it all works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

the list in the stickies do also inc you.
    also your doc can do it. just go in voice your concern and im sure he will test you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The clinics for gay men only serve gay men. If you go to the matter (im assuming youre in Dublin) it could take months to get results and up to 6 weeks to get an appointemt.

My advice to you is to go to a private doctor who does std tests but be prepared to pay about 150 euros. You should get the results in week or two.

A quick seach in the golden pages for Genitourinary Consultants reveals these two.

Derek Freedman MD FRCPI 88 Ranelagh Vlge 6 Dublin Tel: (01)4975826

Fiona Mulcahy MD FRCPI Charlemont Clinic St James's Hospital Dublin Tel: (01)4162590

Whatever you choose, private or public, go asap.

Advertisement