Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanna reserve a website

Options
  • 10-08-2006 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Uh. I'm scared. I hope I am
    a) posting this in the right place, and
    b) not p*ssing everyone off by asking them this question.

Thing is, maybe I'm a little slow or something, but I can't find the following information.
    I want to set up a website sometime in a few months.
    However I want to reserve the name now (www.website.com, and www.website.ie)........but what's the best way to do this? Do I need to get a server/host if I just want to reserve the names (and have nothing on the websites)? Thanks for any advice and info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

any hosting company can do this for you , you can register the domains now and your host will simply park them until your ready to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sent you a pmCaryatnid.

.ie will cost more than .com though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

go to a webhosting site and simply buy the web address (.com/.net/ for approx 10euro, .ie for approx 50). Then the web address is yours....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement