Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

sony camcorder minidv capturing onto laptop

• 10-08-2006 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

hi
    i have a laptop, pentium mobile 1.6 cpu, 1gb ram, and 80gb hdd. the laptop has built in firewire ports.

i am capturing from a sony mini DV camcorder DCR-HC94E to this laptop.

using sonys capture program on the preview window the video preview while i am capturing, looks a little sorta interlaced, there doesent seem to be an option to disable the preview screen,

if i use windows movie maker in xp,, the capture looks better and i can also turn off the preview window... when the video is captured it plays ok on the laptop screen.

when i burn out the project , from intervideo windvd creator 2 , and then play on tv using standard dvd player the motion is not fully fluid ie a tiny bit jumpy...

is my pc high enough spec for capturing and editing? or does anyone know why i am getting this problem,

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

EIN wrote:
    hi
    i have a laptop, pentium mobile 1.6 cpu, 1gb ram, and 80gb hdd. the laptop has built in firewire ports.

i am capturing from a sony mini DV camcorder DCR-HC94E to this laptop.

using sonys capture program on the preview window the video preview while i am capturing, looks a little sorta interlaced, there doesent seem to be an option to disable the preview screen,

if i use windows movie maker in xp,, the capture looks better and i can also turn off the preview window... when the video is captured it plays ok on the laptop screen.

when i burn out the project , from intervideo windvd creator 2 , and then play on tv using standard dvd player the motion is not fully fluid ie a tiny bit jumpy...

is my pc high enough spec for capturing and editing? or does anyone know why i am getting this problem,

any ideas?

i know u said ur laptop has firewire but you are using a firewire cable to transfer? and not USB?. Check out the Arts --> Audio video Editing group..they have got some stuff in there. i have had no problem transferring to my pc, but its a fairly decent machine though..

Advertisement