Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Calling anyone with knowledge of cars

Options
  • 10-08-2006 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the problem, got a minor problem with my car and to be honest i wouldnt be bothered bringing it to a garage to get it fixed.
    Its related to the external temperature display on my Seat Ibiza, its not broken but it is showing the temperature as way too high for example 34 degrees today and it certainly aint that warm:)
    I have checked around the engine to make sure it wasnt overly hot and it isnt and all the other temperature are showing as normal, does anyone know where these temperature things are located on cars and how are they replaced or what could be wrong with them to make them show the wrong temperature, any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

To be hoenst it differs from model to model. Sometimes you can see a little 'spud' sticking out beneath one of the exterior mirrors, or just below the front bumper, but it could be anywhere and most likely it IS faulty !

Phone a dealer and ask the parts guy. He should be able to tell you the cost and where it is located. Usuallly they come with their own clip and a short loom to connect to a block connector somewhere close by, avoiding the need for stripping of trim etc. They are usually a 10 minute job tops !!

Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamlet

Common fault my cordoba reads 38c on a rainy day.

the temp sensor is just behind the front grill, if you take your grill off you should be able to see it, its held in a black plastic bracket.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

There you go !

:D

Advertisement