Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in the Rain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Morgan wrote:
    You like the look of them? Are you mad?

I like the "look of them" in the utilitarian sense, not the fashion sense... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

nipplenuts wrote:
    You'll pretty much just have to accept getting wet to some degree. Raingear usually leaves you smelly. If you get galoshes for the feet and a cape (like the olden days) you won't do too badly. The trouble is, the last cape I saw/used was an ex Iarnrod one, canvas and very heavy!
    I spotted Lidl offering raincapes a few weeks back. Check out [url=site:www.lidl.ie poncho]Google's cache[/url] of their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Rain gear all the way, especially in the winter. Last night I got a puncture, but thankfully it was only about 200m from my house. If it was november rather than september and lashing rain I dont think I would like to be fixing a puncture while getting soaked to the skin!

And while I still sweat in the rain gear, its much less wet than getting rained on.
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Agree on a raincoat but if you are wearing shorts there isn't really anything to get wet. The feeling of "wetness" generally derives from your clothes getting wet and clinging to you which doesn't happen with shorts (obviously the shorter the better.)

Jesus yesterday evening was nasty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I take my socks off, runners over bare feet, shorts, and Altura jacket over bare torso if it's warm enough.

When I get to where I'm going, it's towels and baby-wipes out and dry socks/underwear/t-shirts on. Magic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement