Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your games of the year - so far

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Of the games released this year, my favourites would have to be We Love Katamari, Shadow of the Colossus and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
    But the game i've put most time into so far this year is World of Warcraft...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

does it have to be released this year?

My game of the year would be EVE, i went back to playing it last month and its kicking my ass (check out my xfire profile ive added about 200 hours of gametime in the last month)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Oblivion, no doubt!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Manpuncher vs. Boxhead was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oblivion, Loco Roco and Phoenix Wright were great.

But I have much love for Ouendan. It is the best thing since sliced bread. In fact it's better than sliced bread. It's like sliced break that doesn't go stale and creates it's own lovely toppings and jumps onto your plate ready to eat.

Ok, maybe not that good, but I still can't put it down (playing it on Insane/"Very Hard Mode" now).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Haha, lol at Retrogamer, he hasn't played Oblivion or HL2 Ep 1. 2 of my favourites!

Fear was great, was that this year? Ohh time is flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

koneko wrote:
    But I have much love for Ouendan. It is the best thing since sliced bread. In fact it's better than sliced bread. It's like sliced break that doesn't go stale and creates it's own lovely toppings and jumps onto your plate ready to eat.
    WAY better than your bread idea, I'd have it as my game of the year if it wasn't for the fact that I was playing it for a good bit of last year....Frankly I've no idea how you made it to the hardest modes, a few of the levels have such bad music I can't stand to play them over and over, but the good ones really are fantastic....and the cheerleaders rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Even the bad ones are fun on hard (for me anyway). The difficulty ramps up a bit when you get to Hardest/Insane too. The circles are tiny, and they appear just before you are supposed to hit them. The hardest level squad is
    female cheerleaders

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Oblivion - without a doubt. 220 hours played speaks volumes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Phoenix Wright is genius. But still, either katamari or guitar hero for me. Both these games have zapped countless hours from my life. Its strange that a half year has contained all these games. and psychonauts. cant forget psychonauts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hitman: Blood Money.

Satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Imho oblivion has to be the game of the year if not one of the best games i've played ever. Only got it recently(didn't want to kiss good bye to the leaving) and its fcukin awesome. Beautiful graphically,brilliant story and gameplay, well gameplay that is just amazing. So I'm going to give it my own personal thumbs up.*Give oblivion personal thumbs up*

Advertisement