Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purification

Options
  • 10-08-2006 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭

I am not sure whether this is the correct forum so Mods please change if it isn't.

A friend of mine bought a house recently. A psychic friend of hers said that the house was "unhappy" due to a previous occupant and advised purification by putting salt in all the corners.

I don't want to go into too much detail about what is happening, but it doesnt seem to have worked.

Does anyone have any other rituals for purification.

regards

mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

If you google "cleansing" it will give you better info than "purification". i'm sure you will get answers here but both the paranormal forum and the pagan forum would have helped too.

Without knowing anymore i would suggest a blessing on the house (depending on religious beliefs) and/or some smudging using sage smudge sticks.

If you want to pm me I may have alot more info but would depend on the details of what was happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

6th wrote:
    If you google "cleansing" it will give you better info than "purification". i'm sure you will get answers here but both the paranormal forum and the pagan forum would have helped too.

Without knowing anymore i would suggest a blessing on the house (depending on religious beliefs) and/or some smudging using sage smudge sticks.

If you want to pm me I may have alot more info but would depend on the details of what was happening.

Thanks, i have dropped you a pm.

I didnt know which forum to choose, but guessed that people would move between them.
    My friend does know a priest and i am sure that he will come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

House 'blessings' are great but I have found they are not as effective if the person preforming them is not of the same faith as the owner or a family memeber.

My mother came and did a house blessing here when I moved in.
    She called on Mary to bless each room as she sprinkled holy water from knock in the corners of each room on the windowsill and on the saddles of each door way asking for peace and love and happiness for all those who lived in the house.
    I had no qualms about her doing this what so ever, but I would have had issues with a priest doing it.

I would be of the opinion you have to own your own home and possess it.
    You have to set up shop there on every level. No there are ways and cases that you can decide to allow spirits to remain but only if they are not determental to the house and those who live in it.

What ever is to be done to you friends house they have to have faith in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Thaedydal wrote:
    House 'blessings' are great but I have found they are not as effective if the person preforming them is not of the same faith as the owner or a family memeber.

My mother came and did a house blessing here when I moved in.
    She called on Mary to bless each room as she sprinkled holy water from knock in the corners of each room on the windowsill and on the saddles of each door way asking for peace and love and happiness for all those who lived in the house.
    I had no qualms about her doing this what so ever, but I would have had issues with a priest doing it.

I would be of the opinion you have to own your own home and possess it.
    You have to set up shop there on every level. No there are ways and cases that you can decide to allow spirits to remain but only if they are not determental to the house and those who live in it.

What ever is to be done to you friends house they have to have faith in it.

My friend and her sister are both catholics and the priest is a personal friendof theirs. So we will probably start from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Confidence and belief in the blessing/cleansing are a huge part of undertaking anything like this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement