Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CV for sub teaching

• 10-08-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

i have a hons BSc from NUIG and i am interested in secondary teaching. unfortunately i did not get accepted for the H.Dip this year as i only had 42 points with my degree and no teaching experience. i know that i have to build up my points with teaching hours and i am fully committed to doing that. however by reading some ofthe threads on rhis section i have to realistically hand my CV personally to schools to get some hours.
    the question i have is how do i adjust my CV when applying for sub teaching. my CV at the moment is ok for a general job, but what aspects do i have to emphasise when handing it into schools, i presume that my academic qualifications should be emphasised. really dont know where to start so any advice would be fantastic.

thanks a mill

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Experience working with young people, availability at regular hours for subbing (nothing worse than someone who says they are and then when you ring them to come in they're 'not available'), willingness to get involved in sports, flexibility is key.

Academic qualifications don't really have anything to do with being a good teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

two words: availability and mobility
    come sept there will be plenty of subbing jobs available, drop your cv to every school in your locality, register with your local education centre (there is a small charge), but if your free and can drive u have a much better chance of getting work.

best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Hi.How do I contact a moderator of this thread? Some posts have been deleted I think but with no explanation as to why.
    Was there incorrect info. on those posts? Could a mod pm me maybe?
    Thanks.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi.How do I contact a moderator of this thread? Some posts have been deleted I think but with no explanation as to why.
    Was there incorrect info. on those posts? Could a mod pm me maybe?
    Thanks.:)
    This is a 5 year old thread that was bumped by someone advertising. Posts referring to this advertising were deleted, and as always happens with threads that old, other posts were deleted to send it back to 5 years ago. This prevents people referring to very old posts where the poster may no longer be around. If you want you can start a thread with your own question. I'm going to lock this one as it's very old. PM me if you have any further questions. Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement