Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries

Options
  • 10-08-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in town stocking this (cheaply if possible). This game came close to destroying my leaving cert and I need my fix again :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Also, anyone want to recommend anything similar that I might like - I'm a big fan of the whole customised walking mech thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

doubt you will get it much cheaper then here
    also if you have a 360 chrome hounds is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I gather you have played the previous mechwarriors but if not 3 is a must. Heavy gear 2 is old but worth a look if u can get it. Stay away from the Mechassault games, their rubbish and completely change the way mechs r supposed to fight. The Armoured Core series on the PS2 has a massive amount of customising but the gameplay is much faster than MW. The ultimate mech experience is Steel Battalion on the Xbox (30 button controller, pedals) Im selling my copy of it, but it wont be cheap.

I saw that steel battalions all right, fetches huge amounts on eBay but it certainly looks the business.
    I'll probably get those off of play but would you have any idea if Game or HMV would stock it? I wouldn't mind picking it up on my way home from work... I really want to play this game this evening :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I severely doubt that you can get it in a gamestore. The high price on ebay is because it was produced in very low numbers and is quite a rarity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

You're having a laugh if SB's selling for huge amounts..I sold mine here to some lucky punter for €100!

Live and learn!

Spike wrote:
    You're having a laugh if SB's selling for huge amounts..I sold mine here to some lucky punter for €100!

Live and learn!

Who was the lucky punter? What was your reasoning behind selling it for that amount. Do you realise that the shops in ireland only got one shipment of each game and they are now the rarest xbox hardware/software available. I was offered €350 for my copy of SB:LOC but compared to ebay prices i didnt think it was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Twas a while ago, the buyers name was LIGHTNING.

I just had a gander on ebay.com and they're going for ~$100-$150...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries ftw

Simply the best battletech game available with a LOT of replayability. Mechwarrior 3 was the last of the great MW games before M$ got their greasey mits on the franchise and murdered it with MW4 and mech assault.

jaggeh wrote:

Simply the best battletech game available with a LOT of replayability. Mechwarrior 3 was the last of the great MW games before M$ got their greasey mits on the franchise and murdered it with MW4 and mech assault.

Completely agree. Still got my old Mech 2 games. There a pain to get working on xp though.

Steel Battalion was released properly in the US and they kept releasing them for a while. Europe only got a limited amount of copies (eb only got 1 shipment) so they are rare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Mercenaries is one of the coolest. I could really kick some @ss online. Black Knight with some PPC and Large lasers ooooooo. You were going down in 2 hits if not 1.

jaggeh wrote:

Funny you should mention that as Microsoft have just released the source code and made the licence open-ended (is it GNU or somesuch?) for Mechwarriors 2. A decent old game allright - hopefully the homebrew community will attack it a la freespace :) (Still waiting for that Freespace 2 BSG mod...Any day now)

mech commander 2 not mechwarrior 2

mechwarrior 2 source code is activision property.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    doubt you will get it much cheaper then here
    also if you have a 360 chrome hounds is out.

Have you played ChromeHounds? I tried the demo, its dire. Not only is it nothing like MW, its shallow and boring on its own merits too. Tanked in reviews also.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think theres a mechwarriors game on the xbox , lone wolf ,it gets good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Matt Simis wrote:
    Have you played ChromeHounds? I tried the demo, its dire. Not only is it nothing like MW, its shallow and boring on its own merits too. Tanked in reviews also.

Matt
    i have played the demo and didnt think much of it but then i dont like the whole giant mech thingy.

the op said he wanted something similar and i think it is that, up to himself to check reviews/try to demos...

gamer
    * - this is the pulse
    F - this is your finger
    *_____________________(_F_) - this is your finger nowhere near the pulse and shoved directly up your ass.

Mech assault 1 & 2 while interesting games are bastard children of microsoft and the new fasa studios. as was already mentioned they can only losely be called 'battletech'

Advertisement