Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivng in Malta

• 10-08-2006 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭

I got no reply in Comm/Transport so will try here as people go diving in Gozo

Has anyone ever driven from Luqa Airport to the ferry for Gozo??

I know its only about 20 miles or so but has anyone ever done it and is it well signed to it??

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im only replying so you know your not being ignored:) Havent driven in Malta, but the drivers are lunatic there. So I wish you luck with that regardless of signposts. Hopefully someone will help you further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chaotic

I've done this trip. It's easy enough, the roads are pretty good. It's pretty much a straight run.
    One point though, If you are staying on Gozo, you might find it cheaper to hire the car over there.
    Enjoy your trip!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm in Malta now, tried my first dive two days ago (I dont want to get lynched here but... it isnt for me).

My one point would be, dont look for signs, dont even take your eyes off the road. Red lights are merely a suggestion here to Matese drivers. They are some of the worst I've ever ever encountered.

The islands are pretty small, you cant really get lost though some of the intersections are a bit spaghetti-like.

DeV.

Advertisement