Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine broadband - not

Options
  • 10-08-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having problems getting services from Imagine?

I ordered the service on July 12th and was told I'd have telephony by 26th july and bb by 9th august. As of today 10th august I'm still being ripped off by eircom for calls and have no broadband.

I'm sent emails - ignored, telephoned, got no call backs and no proper answers except that they are telling me that there is some kind of delay with eircom. Even at that nobody can explain to my why there is still such a delay, what needs to be done to resolve, and when (or if) i can get a service from these idiots.

Anybody else have problems and what did you do to resolve? Seriously considering just cancelling order and going to Smart.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cancel the order AND the direct debit (in writing in your branch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Do as "Sponge Bob" says as Imagine has never had a good reputation on boards for some very serious reasons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

juliuspret wrote:
    ..as Imagine has never had a good reputation on boards for some very serious reasons!
    Would you care to back up this type of assassination by rumour and assumption of "bad reputation" from anecdotal evidence.
    P.

Long memories ET

When they launched they had (variously ) 35c and €3.50 a minute surcharges on their website for breaking the 20 hours on their timed product. It changed hourly that day :( . The mandatory line rental and WLR port was hidden in the signup pages somewhere . The 6 month contract was a 7 month contract , you could not give notice until the 6 months was up.

They also sent their pimps onto Boards to do as pimps do, not unique that .

If I heard from a long term user of their who did not mysteriously register that morning that they do not charge for every millisecond and nanobit over their caps (like UTV do) then I may change my opinion of them somewhat but every product launch so far has been misleading and aimed at the gullible, eg €9.99 (not) and Free (not) package launch stunts

Their support and CS have not garnered glowing accolades.

Whats there to recommend ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

juliuspret wrote:
    Imagine has never had a good reputation on boards for some very serious reasons
    "Serious reasons"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Whatever about their service or pricing, their customer service is utterly appalling. I have yet to get a response from a single telephone call or email.

I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the order and risking BT (whatever about their terrible billing at least the service is good).

jaysus if their sales dept will not answer a phone or email the support will be worse if it exists at all :(

BT have great technical support in fairnesss.

Just off the phone from my now daily call to Imagine and yet again no proper answer as to why our phone service hasn't been transferred, never mind, broadband.

What a frustrating experience? For a start nobody can answer the question: "why are my calls still with eircom 2 weeks after they were supposed to be transferred to Imagine?"

Today's call:
    Imagine Rep: I'll have to get somebody to call you back?
    Me: That's what I was told yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that again. Nobody has called me back yet, and nobody has responded to my emails either.
    Rep: Would you like me to get somebody to call you back?
    Me: Yes, but are you just telling me this in order to get me off the phone? I am still waiting for call backs to my last 5 calls.
    Rep: Ok I'll get somebody to call you back today.

This is the kind of idiocy I am putting up with on the phone. Yesterday I told them in no uncertain terms that if my phone calls weren't transferred by close of business today and I didn't have a reasonable explanation why, I'd be cancelling my order.

So I am going to wait until about 4.30 (telephone is of course, still going through eircom, so I am just waiting for an explanation) and if nobody has called by then I'm calling Sales and cancelling the entire order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

cgarvey wrote:
    "Serious reasons"?

Serious indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Long memories ET
    "A short pencil is better than a long memory."
    Whats there to recommend ???
    I can see a big niche market for the "free" timed broadband: Those folk who rarely use the internet on their "free" (in fact €3 per hour!) dial-up account. Compared to the €3 per hour "free" dial-up connection the 20 hours of "free" broadband" with Imagine are at no extra cost.
    I know about the overreach catch, about broadband should not be time limited etc, but still, I would not discount Imagine's offer out of hand. Compared to it Eircom's time piece is a complete rip-off.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

shoegirl,

I ordered BB and line rental with Btireland on the 28th April, got BB on the 1st of August and finally as of yesterday, no more bills from Eircom :D .

Why did it take so long? I believe Eircom aren't very fond of ungrading lines to BB if they won't be the provider. and are even less fond or losing there line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They are using their monopoly and (imho: wrongful) private ownership of the (formerly national) infrastructure to impede their competetion.

This has been going on for years, and yet the Dáil still hasn't been picketed.

Qwerty? wrote:
    shoegirl,

I ordered BB and line rental with Btireland on the 28th April, got BB on the 1st of August and finally as of yesterday, no more bills from Eircom :D .

Why did it take so long? I believe Eircom aren't very fond of ungrading lines to BB if they won't be the provider. and are even less fond or losing there line rental.

The bb I would understand as eircom are still basically supplying the service, but correct me if I am wrong, is telephony transfer not more to do with routing and switching, which requires considerably less work on eircom's side than BB. I've changed away from eircom twice in the last 4 year and previously it took 1-2 weeks - not 4 weeks and still waiting, of course I would guess that it would have taken a lot of slow learners that many years to move away from eircom perhaps?

If the delay were simply caused by eircom then I could understand and no doubt eircom's competitors would only be too happy to explain this to me, however to date I'm hitting a blank when I ask why its now 2 weeks overdue for telephone provision, let alone DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

In fairness the other telcos are just going "eircom says no" in a "Computer says no" kind of voice. GROW BALLS.

Surely the telecos have some kind of agreement with eircom wholesale in any case as to how long provisioning should take.

Tehcnically if Comreg had balls eircom and the new provider would be liable to refund the customer the difference between eircom bills and the new providers bills for any more than a 1 month delay in provisioning telephony services.

BB of course is different, you don't get charged for what you don't use, but if you order your telephone service to move away from eircom it means you either cancel whatever existing plan eircom have you on or stay on the default package, which means that you get fleeced to the maximum by eircom while THEY then proceed to delay your transfer to another provider? Which effectively means that eircom can not only impeding the competition, they are profting to the max from it.

Technically, eircom should not be able to extract extra profits from customers by delaying their transfer to other providers. If Comreg were any good I should be able to get a refund from whichever provider is to blame for the delay for the extra costs caused by not being able to transfer telephony services to a cheaper plan or provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

shoegirl wrote:
    Whatever about their service or pricing, their customer service is utterly appalling. I have yet to get a response from a single telephone call or email.

I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the order and risking BT (whatever about their terrible billing at least the service is good).

Thats funny, I was checking my number on their site (see if it was a netsource problem with their line checker or eircom have no test info for my line) and I get a phone call from them asking was I looking for BB

Them: Hi I'm <someone> from Imagine, something about wanting broadband
    Me: No thanks, I was just checking my line... and can you add me to your do not call list?
    Them. <slight pause> umm, ok
    *click*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ooooh. Must try that. To the Data Protection Commissioner Robin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

We should ALL try that, cost them a few bob.

Unless you have a 1550 number handy, I doubt it will cost that much in the grand scheme of things.

I did eventually get onto the person who is responsible for liasing with eircom in Imagine, and she is blaming eircom!

She has suggested that the usual problem where there is a delay is if there is more than one order to eircom to change service provider. However the line is only active about 1 month so unless Imagine themselves have placed 2 orders to eircom I cannot see how that can be the case (we're ex directory so don't get the usual barrage of calls from providers).

Waiting to hear back from Imagine today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement