Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone muppetry locked my phone!

• 10-08-2006 2:17pm

So I request an unlock code for my 6680 from Voda and the eejits send me the wrong code meaning that within 2-3 tries my phone can only be unlocked if I send it to them!!

Which means:
    I cannot now sell the phone to the winning bidder on ebay.
    And I will have to waste a few hours of my life reinstalling the software I put on the phone when I get it back as normally when a phone is sent away they reset everything to default settings!

Anyway is there anywhere in Dub city that I can bring it in to get it unlocked??
    I have the correct unlock code and all, I just need to get past that 'not allowed' error that comes up when I try to unlock it now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It can still be unlocked via cable, but since it's a 6680, I don't think they are unlockable yet. If you get the software reflashed in town, it should reset it so you can re-enter the code again.

Cool, I'll try that. many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Flashing it with new firmware will reset the failed unlocking trys so you're back to your 3 trys again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

actually Five tries..Flashing will not allow any more unlocks its a cable solution only now or get it sent back to Nokia to be reset you then get another five tries but no one knows the correct box serials and code generator for it yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@JohnnieM
    But because there's no cable unlock for them at the moment your only option is to ask your network to replace the phone based on their cock up? Wonder if they would ...

• Advertisement

Correct on cable solution (not avail yet)and Voda wont replace it..
    All is not lost yet though..If he gets it sent back to nokia and gets it reset he can then request the correct code from Vodafone ..and he can then un lock it..

@NixMix
    If and when you do get the correct code I'd love to get it along with your imei and see can it be reverse engineered...you can pm it to me..

Advertisement