Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave - my experience - negative

• 10-08-2006 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've sat idle and read the many helpful posts here. Can't say I wasn't warned but I went ahead and ordered ripwave. That was 3 days ago and I have already cancelled. In my innocence I thought that it could never be as bad as people say. I thought I would outline my experience for others.

No connection, hopping connection or when connected much much slower and far worse that than dial up. In essence totally unusable. Unless you want a niceley marketed/packaged box that does nothing then stay away.

On the plus side all 7 of my phone calls were answered in approx 2 minutes and they did try to help but couldn't and as much as admitted the coverage was crap in my area.

If your considering this product i would only do so if you know for a fact through direct experience that it is available to you. Like your neighbour or someonelse living in the same house/room :)

Anyway - I will pause before going ahead. At the time I was desperate for a connection, didn't want a contract and thought that it would at least be quicker than dial up.

Cheers and consider yourself warned.
    MAJJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Ripwave isn't the greatest, and you also need to be careful where you located it in the house..

For example one of my mates had it behing a led window shield, no signal,
    removed the window shield full signal...

The ripwave network isn't great but from what i hear they're doing major upgrades on it as we speak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I had a load of a clear wire box for a while in D15 it worked ok got decent speeds but pings were not great but it was fine for browsing. In general I do not think the BB in a box is a good concept.

Advertisement