Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stretch Hummer - Import

Options
  • 10-08-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Looking at importing a stretch Hummer to Ireland to hire out etc. Has anyone else gone down this road with the Revenue and as it is a Commerical, do i pay less VRT ?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Someday wrote:
    Hi Guys

Looking at importing a stretch Hummer to Ireland to hire out etc. Has anyone else gone down this road with the Revenue and as it is a Commerical, do i pay less VRT ?

Regards

Is a stretch Hummer a commercial?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Someday

If you are using for Business Use - Yes

Someday wrote:
    If you are using for Business Use - Yes

Are you sure? Are taxis VRTd at commercial rates too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If it's got seats for a driver and more than 8 passengers, then it's a minibus and has a lower rate of VRT. I don't think you'll get it classed as a commercial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

If your driving yourself you will need to get a spsv licence, basically the same one as a taxi, high insurance and small road tax, €72 a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Someday wrote:
    Hi Guys

Regards

Gerry "The Monk" Hutch has.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Hutch

Thanks Guys

No i am going to hire 1-2 guys on a Part-time basis to drive it, what is the going rate in Dublin for night time drivers per hour ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Might be a good idea to consider if the Monk would like th ecompetition !!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

The are other guys with them in the City and other people that hire cars, is he hiring his still ??

Someday wrote:
    Thanks Guys

No i am going to hire 1-2 guys on a Part-time basis to drive it, what is the going rate in Dublin for night time drivers per hour ?
    As far as I know if the car is being used for hire/limo it will need to be registered as a spsv and the drivers will need the licence. Check out the taxi regulators site for definat info.
    As per cost,someone mentioned recently to me that they hired a stretch hummer for €250 for about 1/12 to 2 hours, or could have been 2 1/2. Good money if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

dubtom wrote:
    As far as I know if the car is being used for hire/limo it will need to be registered as a spsv and the drivers will need the licence. Check out the taxi regulators site for definat info.
    As per cost,someone mentioned recently to me that they hired a stretch hummer for €250 for about 1/12 to 2 hours, or could have been 2 1/2. Good money if you can get it.
    Whats the initial purchase price?

Whats the initial purchase price?
    Of what?

dubtom wrote:
    Of what?

Read the thread! Or just even read the title!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blognet.info

Hi Guys i am also

Looking at importing a stretch Hummer to Ireland to hire out etc. Has anyone got any new info on this vrt etc

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Hi Guys i am also

Looking at importing a stretch Hummer to Ireland to hire out etc. Has anyone got any new info on this vrt etc

cheers

I think it would cost in the region of 150k to get a hummer limo as a normal hummer is 100k brand new. I would love to find out what the vrt is.
    Just call des cullen cars and ask them that you want to purchase a hummer limo they migh be able to give you a price on one imported.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

drdre wrote:
    I think it would cost in the region of 150k to get a hummer limo as a normal hummer is 100k brand new. I would love to find out what the vrt is.
    Just call des cullen cars and ask them that you want to purchase a hummer limo they migh be able to give you a price on one imported.
    A lot of the streched hummers you see are not actually hummers, so might actually be cheaper than you think.

MrP

MrPudding wrote:
    A lot of the streched hummers you see are not actually hummers, so might actually be cheaper than you think.

MrP
    then what are they. The ones in dublin that i have seen are 110% hummers as i would know the difference easily.

drdre wrote:
    then what are they. The ones in dublin that i have seen are 110% hummers as i would know the difference easily.
    There are two in MIlton Keynes and neither of them are actual hummers. I can't remember what they are now. They do look the part but are just a streched version of another american pickup type thing made to look like a hummer.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

This maybe going a bit of topic, but from what I've heard, alot of those limo's (including Hummers) are cut and shut jobs. Not exactly safe on the roads.

Max_Damage wrote:
    This maybe going a bit of topic, but from what I've heard, alot of those limo's (including Hummers) are cut and shut jobs. Not exactly safe on the roads.

Yes all limos are like that. They are safe. they cut them and then join them together. They are hummers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blognet.info

Vehicle Registration Tax

VRT Category C. Examples of Category C vehicles include certain commercial vehicles,
    agricultural tractors and
    (minibuses with at least 12 permanently fitted seats) this could work as the hummer has seating for 20
    also a jeep can fall into a b c categorys

drdre wrote:
    .......They are hummers.

Not all of them.

MrP

MrPudding wrote:
    Not all of them.

MrP
    Not all i meant like hummer h2 hummers,the jeep hummers , mini cooper limo etc, as there not made in a bmw factory usually they are made by limo experts check out the net for companies that produce these hummers

The point i was making is that some of the stretched "hummers" are not based on hummers at all. They are based on something like a ford F150 or the like which is dressed to look like a hummer.

I know there are actual stretched hummers out there, but I believe they are less common that people may think.

MrP

MrPudding wrote:
    The point i was making is that some of the stretched "hummers" are not based on hummers at all. They are based on something like a ford F150 or the like which is dressed to look like a hummer.

I know there are actual stretched hummers out there, but I believe they are less common that people may think.
    MrP

Yes i know what you mean, But you can notice from a mile away if its a real hummer or not. Well anyway i can tell the difference .Its like a m3 and a m3 replica, you can notice the difference

Advertisement