Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerslam - Longest Match

• 10-08-2006 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Remembering Wrestlemania, and the farce that was Smackdown's 10 minute main event, which match do you see having the longest amount of time?

World Heavyweight Champion King Booker vs. Batista

WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena
    D-Generation X vs. The McMahons
    Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton
    Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair ("I Quit" Match)

I'd say a toss up between Edge/cena, and the dx mcmahon match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton - simply because of Hogan's entrance

Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton

D-Generation X vs. The McMahons

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair ("I Quit" Match)

WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Champion King Booker vs. Batista

In that order pour moi. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say the I Quit match will go a decent length of time. Those sort of matches generally do because of their concept. If it's not that one, it'll be the main event, which will probably be DX vs the McMahons

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I reckon the I Quit match too,those excellent promos are making it a must see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that really long matches are really boring (and usually wind up being both people lying in the ring, bleeding and just about beating multiple 10 counts)?

No match should go longer than 15-20 mins except on rare-occsaions (such as iron-man matches and elimination matches with 4 or more participants).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What? I don't think a match chould go too long if the wrestlers can't make it believable and enjoyable. But I've seen plenty of long matches where the wrestlers have been able to, and it makes for great matches. Like a proper full length film instead of a 10 minute cartoon

Case in point; CM Punk and Samoa Joe's two 60-minute time limit draws. The second one was on ROH's best selling dvd, and the first match in North America to get 5 stars from the Wrestling Observer since 1997. Just to show that a few people would disagree with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I say the I quit match as it is sure to be a bloody affair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

London vs Danielson at Epic Encounter 2/3 falls was 70+ mins, so was Aries vs Danielson at Testing the Limit, and they are two of my favourite matches ever.

Then again, thats ROH and alot of people haven't seen much, or any, of it. If your into your 5 minute squashes, WWE is the place to be! Not overall, of course, but I'd go out on a limb and say way more than 50% of WWE's matches are under 10 miinutes these days. Gone are the days of storytelling in matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I'd have to go with the I Quit match too wrestlers are stubborn mofos when it comes to admitting defeat!!

Advertisement