Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday nights in Fibbers are no longer...

Options
  • 10-08-2006 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Looks like Fibbers has decided to stop the 3 euro a drink night on Thursday, ending tonight. Have to say I've had a fair few mad nights in there and bumped into a hell of a lot of boards head in there too!
    Cant see me going back to the place as regularly as I used to with this promotion being canceled but it will be missed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I've heard this a load of times this week, everyone tellin me to check this damn forum for them. There is also a discuss on boards.ie about it. I got a wee bit fed up with gossip and no facts so I rang and asked, this is what I was told:
    It's on the cards apparently. And it's all due to vandalism. I spoke with Chris who basically said that Three Euro Thurs brings a whole load of people who dont usually drink there, and they're wreaking the place. Between vandalising the toilets, ripping the toilet paper off the walls etc. He said why would they bother selling drink below cost price when people are wreaking the place and when they then have to replace all that.
    Well, that saved lots of guessing and hmm-ing and hawwing. He did say though taht its business as usual tonight and no decisions have been made yet.
    I'd hope that people take it as a warning and cop the **** on, and if they see others acting the dick, tell em to stop.

Bastardised from JesJes <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Doesn't this belong here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

heh, 3 euro is by no means below cost :)

still though, if increasing the prices means they'll, oh, i dunno, clean the place...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

dammit i love fibbers on thurs if i had cash id head in tontie i heard they stoped selling just the 7% fruit kropperburg at 3.00 euro is this part of it true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well if yous want to save it, yous will have to stop the muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Igy wrote:
    heh, 3 euro is by no means below cost :)

still though, if increasing the prices means they'll, oh, i dunno, clean the place...?

Never even knew they did three quid a drink there on Thursday but agree with you about cleaning the place, is it still a kip downstairs?

Advertisement