Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being blocked from a forum under a search

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I can't access it either. It's either been moved to a private forum/admin forum or has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

The result was from the vhub forums which were recently moved to the inactive forums.

There is probably areason why the inactive forums cannot be accessed.

Not sure what to say beyond that:)

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Hhmmm... Well the post does exist, as part of it is on the search... no way for me to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I didnt say the post does not exist, its in a forum that was recently made inactive, possibly cached, possibly not. Its supposed to be possible to access these posts once you know the URL.

Anyhow, still none the wiser as to why the posts are not accessible.

The 2 posts in that thread are:
    I got some new computer parts (mobo, cpu etc) and it was really fast at booting up, but then I download windows XP sp1, and it gets to that Windows XP screen, where the blue bar is moving signalling its loading, then that goes off and it goes onto a black screen, and stays there for ages (couple of minutes :/) then eventually I get onto the log on screen, and to log on its pretty slow too!

Any settings I can do to speed this up? or any program I can download or "buy" that will speed this up, because its quite annoying waiting for it to load :/

Specs: 256mb ddr ram, 1900+ Athlon XP processor, geforce fx5200 gfx card, Windows XP pro (got every critical update and some recommended)

and

try using the bootvis utility from Microsoft - it helps streamline bootups in XP/2000 details here
    For some reason the actual link to d/l it has been now moved from the MS site, but here is a link to the installer I used - all I can say is that it worked very well for me
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thanks for doing that Vex.

• Advertisement
Advertisement