Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Reccomend A "Professional" VHS unit (or sell\rent one to me!)

• 10-08-2006 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

OK, so im about to embark on a major video capture spree and following much, much research on the web, it seems that using a decent VHS unit is worthwhile.

Ive had a look on ebay but TBH im not sure exactly what I need. Any suggestions of models that I should look for?

Also, if anyone has a good quality, professional SVHS player to sell, borrow or rent I would be more than happy to do so!

Im working with some Video8 as well, so if anyone has good equipment for that, id be interested too.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Darkwarrior

*EDIT* Unless you're willing to do it for free, this isn't a place for business advertisment. *EDIT*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Id be very interested to know if the quality of the video recorder makes any difference to caqpturing the vhs onto the pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

joeblogg1 wrote:
    Id be very interested to know if the quality of the video recorder makes any difference to caqpturing the vhs onto the pc

It depends on the source and the VCR's you are comparing. I noticed a difference between my run-of-the-mill Philips and a newer Sony. So im gussing a preo job would at least offer the quality of the Sony which was an everyday VCR, just a bit more modern.

@ Darkwarrior, im watching a couple of Auctions on ebay, bul ill be in touch next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

To be fair, VHS will look ****....

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Lump wrote:
    To be fare, VHS will look ****....

John

well the less **** it looks the happier I will be :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement