Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 16th August

Options
  • 10-08-2006 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

Just been having a look through the GFS charts and there are some indications of thunder and lightning on Wednesday. There's a nice CAPE and the precipitation chart has deep blues over the Irish Sea.

Actually, the pressure map would have this forum in meltdown if it was dated 16th January:
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1441.png (Will change at 10.30 pm)

I'd fancy some places seeing hail in that precipitation, from what I interpret.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Jeez, I hope there isn't a thunderstorm in Blackrock (Co. Louth) that afternoon... we're due to have an outside broadcast there in Dundalk FM with live bands and DJ's and all sorts of "fun events"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Would the main threat be on the east coast or is there a threat elsewhere too. I'm going off to the west for two weeks tommorow and i'd hate to miss a good storm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It looks like we might have another bit of summer from that chart, and a good storm too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Bard wrote:
    Jeez, I hope there isn't a thunderstorm in Blackrock (Co. Louth) that afternoon... we're due to have an outside broadcast there in Dundalk FM with live bands and DJ's and all sorts of "fun events"...

forecastfox was telling me that there is thunderstorms for wednesday 16th in drogland!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Forecastfox had thunderstorms tomorrow for where I live also. Currently it has rain for tomorrow though...

• Advertisement

Seems most of the action is going to be in the south from wexford south today and over munster.

Here the sky is alive with huge cb's,there should be banging thunder somewhere out of those,they're everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Flipping peeing down for 24 hours! We had some heavy bursts late yesterday and through until er now. The sun is nearly out as I type but it could be chucking it down in a min or two.

Mike.

Advertisement