Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap upgrades!! : Feck up on Dell site

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Seems like they spotted it already. "Page not found"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and even if you did happen to order a machine with this free upgrade they are in no way obliged to honour it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

It's still there. Just go to the Dell site and navigate to the 640m page.

They may not be obliged to honour it but in smaller cases like this I've heard they often do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Still working for me. Not that I want to buy one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Well I ordered said laptop last saturday and so far so good! Got away with about 100€! Nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah free 120GB HDD!

Thats all right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

probably would explode anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

mr_disc wrote:
    probably would explode anyway :p
    :rolleyes:

Well I got my laptop with it's "free" 120GB harddrive. Everything's still working. Although total size is only about 105GB, where did the other 15GB go!? The option is still there on the website aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The other 15Gig jumped clean off the arithmetic diving board, where it landed face-first in the small glass of filesystem overhead.

1024 Vs 1000, Gibibytes Vs Gigabytes, marketing opportunity versus engineering shorthand.

Maths

• Advertisement

Maths really is the be all and end all isn't it!? Yeah give me marketing over engineering shorthand ANY DAY. I still got better than the default 80GB which would have realistically been about 70GB then

Advertisement