Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repairs

Options
  • 10-08-2006 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Well all, does anyone know of any individual or business that fixes televisions in Limerick??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well all, does anyone know of any individual or business that fixes televisions in Limerick??

Thanks

I think this is a dying trade these days. Televisions are gone relatively cheap these day and repairing them almost costs the same as a new one.

You could try the Limerick Post or the Golden Pages.

You could also give the likes of Clancy's or Savins a ring. They usually know someone who repairs them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I know a place i got my stereo done there before and he done
    a great job. Its down that lane off Grerald Griffen Street i think
    its calles Sean Heuston Place? Am i right? Thats if he's still there
    it was over two years ago since i had mine done.
    Golden Pages Search
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/search.ds?newSearch=true&what=TV+REPAIR&where=LIMERICK&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I can try there, infact I will go tomorrow. The tv is a 28" Philips. Its beautiful and it cost me about €600 5 years ago!! As said above it does seem to be a dying trade though.
    Where is Gerald Griffin street? Is that where the funeral homes are?

Ricey, that post was after 4 in the morning, what do you be doing up at that hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

Yes that is Gerald Griffen Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I suspect it's a dying trade too :(

I had a great portable in my kitchen for years that lost sound but otherwise was perfect ..... callled my fav repair shop to find it closed and the guy retired .... finally found someone who wanted 60 euros up front and advised that even if they couldn't repair it the 60 euros charge would still be applied ....

had to purchase a new one at less than a 100.00 euros and dump the best telly I ever had .... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

michael keyes - maloneys yard, gerald griffin st, limerick-061, 414320

tony ahern- ballysheedy,limerick-061,416292 or 087 221 0865.

this guy specalises in panasonic tv's, micray ltd, -unit3 upr thomas st,limk.
    061 , 410933

hope this helps guys.

murph

Brilliant respose lads, I wil try calling a few of them tomorrow.
    Tell me though, are ye sure none of them are gangsters??!!

Alright guys, I called 2 of them there.
    I called Urlan: They have a guy who comes in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He works for himself. I only half listened to the girl on the phone, im sorry. Anyway there is a deposit of €25 for tvs under 25" which is deducted from the total cost of repairs. I forget what she said for tvs over that.

The guy on little gerald griffin is charging €30 to look at it and then whatever the costs are after that. He said he usually has them going again for about €90.

Sounds OK doesnt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

And this post is at 5am LMAO but ya im up late most of the time but
    i was out 2n getttin twisted and just on my way back out now lol.

The guy in the place i said is sound and done a great job for me
    so id say go for it.

OFFTOPIC: Did you try flash your xbox??

Advertisement