Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Bunker

Options
  • 10-08-2006 9:53pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy coal bunkers? They're sort of plastic, with the access hole at the bottom.

I was at a market last weekend and a guy was selling second hand bunkers for €60 though they were massive. He reckoned that his price was very good, though I can't find any source for new ones to see what price they are new.

I'd only need a small one to hold maybe 4 25kg bags maximum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

In my region, most of the agri suppliers / Co-ops sell coal and would also stock the bunkers in the size you're looking for. Presume it's the same in the NW.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah, cheers for that. Never thought actually, a coal yard itself may sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

I guess you're looking for something like Titan Environmental make:

http://www.environmental-containers.com/environmental/titan_environmental/products/bunkers/bunker-solid.asp

I've seen these or similar in most builder's providers, fairly robust (whatever about looks)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ben G

You can get 3, 6 and 12 bag bunkers in Tinneys in Letterkenny and I think Charles Kellys sells them as well. I priced them a while back, can't remember now but €60 seems fairly reasonable. I think they're a bit more expensive to buy new, someone told me at the time that second hand ones are in the dealer fairly regularly as well.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks Ben G. And yes, Starman100, that's the things I'm on about.

I rang some coal yard on Port Road who also had them. Charging €100 for the 3 bag, €160 for the 6-bag, and I think she said €175 for the 12-bag.

I still may buy a new 3-bag one, as the second hand ones are quite large, and it'll never be filled to capacity making it hard trying to scoop the coal in what would be a near empty bunker!

Thanks again folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement