Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody caught cheating???

Options
  • 10-08-2006 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Just wonderin was anybody brought in to explain similarities in papers or for being caught copying????
    I know that in LCVP and Construction alot of people are called back......and this year theres likely to be more with Geography and History projects.
    Or was anybody asked to stop talking during exams or anythin????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

One on my mates had all the planning notes for construction on his right arm but he didnt get caught. Did planning come up? I cant remember!

I knew one or two other ppl who had stuff written on their arms they also didnt get caught.

Other than that I dont think anyone else cheated to my knowledge

As for my geog field study I wouldnt be surprised if all of my class lost 20% because everyone in my class had the same field study as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

eamoss wrote:
    One on my mates had all the planning notes for construction on his right arm but he didnt get caught. Did planning come up? I cant remember!

Neither can I actually!!!!!:D :D:D:D

On another note, Construction has to have been the exam i was most disappointed with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Mine wud be Tech Drawing I messed up the paper when I could have done very well in it. I was very temped to go to the "toilet" and somehow pick up my solutions book without anyone seeing me but then I stopped dream and knew I wudnt be able 2 do it without anyone seeing me!

One the lads in my construction class had his bag right beside him open & the examiner didn’t say anything to him but he wasn’t cheating he just forgot 2 put it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

whassupp2 wrote:
    Neither can I actually!!!!!:D :D:D:D

On another note, Construction has to have been the exam i was most disappointed with.
    You should have seen my Maths paper two... luckily I have seven other subjects to pick from...

Oh, and planning was half a question this year, I still have the paper sitting beside me on my desk! (Note to self: stop thinking about the bloody leaving cert)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Two of my brothers cheated like ****, weren't caught though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I noticed that I always had the chance to run out to my locker when the student outside came in and took the tray of tea and biscuits back from the examiner and brought them somewhere to wash them!
    I went out a few times when there was no student outside to bring me to the bathroom! I could've cheated but I'm a good girl... and a chicken sh*t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I gave my spare maths set to a friend, and was just cleaning out me bag last week and found a bunch of notes inside it! Nothing happened with her but I did see a couple of papers going into the red envelopes....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The red envelopes don't have anything to do with suspected cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I could have cherated too I went the toilet and there was a fella there doing the same accounitning paper as me. We could have swopped answers but didn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

spurious wrote:
    The red envelopes don't have anything to do with suspected cheating.
    ah right, was always told the cheater papers went into the red envelopes...

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    ah right, was always told the cheater papers went into the red envelopes...

No because I think all of mine were put into red envelopes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Suspected cheating would be mentioned in either:

(a) The Superintendent's report, where he/she has to draw a map of where everyone was sitting and note any 'unusual' activity, visitors to the room, trips to the toilet etc.

or

(b) The Assistant Examiner must report 'unusual' scripts to their Advising Examiner. This would include identical answers, apparently completely different handwriting, answers so off the point that they seem to be for a different question, etc.

The first thing the candidates involved would know is when their results are withheld.

The red envelopes are for candidates with 'reasonable accommodations' or special arrangements of one sort or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

It is actually suprisingly easy to cheat in the LC. Just go to the Toilet and take some notes out of the pocket, or arrange to meet someone in the toilet. Unless you do the cheating inside the exam centre, its unlikely ul get caught(Supervisors cant leave durin the exam)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yes, it's easy to cheat.

havn't lowered myself to do it in an exam though. but you could:

-place cheat notes in a toilet roll in a certain cubicle
    -write on your arm as mentioned earlier
    -store notes in your phone either on the phone memory or slip a sheet under the back cover... Then whip out the phone when at the toilet.
    -scan a bottle label, keep the logo and re-write the ingredients as cheat notes, then stick back on bottle....
    -arrange coughing, hand gesture, posture between friends as coded language.

it's easy if you think about it. Most people are too lazy to think of that stuff though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

smemon wrote:
    -scan a bottle label, keep the logo and re-write the ingredients as cheat notes, then stick back on bottle....
    suppose it could work but way too much effort!

Of course cheating is easy. It's also easy enough walk into Dunnes' and walk out without paying for stuff.

It's a question of the standards by which you choose to live your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

A guy in my year cheated through every single exam. He wrote out everything he thought he needed to know in his phone and was constantly checking it. Really surprised he wasn't caught because everyone but the supervisor knew what he was doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

I'd never cheat in any exam except the leaving cert. its the only one that matters. If u do it in any of the others ur only really fooling urself. If I knew how easy it is i might have chanced it in History. The reason most people dont do it is because the penalties are SO severe if u get caught. Ure so fcked if ur caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

smemon wrote:
    yes, it's easy to cheat.

-store notes in your phone either on the phone memory or slip a sheet under the back cover... Then whip out the phone when at the toilet.

it's easy if you think about it. Most people are too lazy to think of that stuff though :D

or just tape loads of notes to your back and read them in the jacks

or ask the guy in front of you/behind/beside you for answers

get a big pencil case and write on it, thats what my mate did since 1st year for every exam. You'd be surprised how much writing it could take

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

smemon wrote:
    yes, it's easy to cheat.

put them on your site.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I wonder if you could tattoo loads of physics formulas or something all over your hands and then when they ask you to wash your hands just tell them they are tattoos? Or even use cryptic tattoos ala Prison Break?

Garret wrote:
    or just tape loads of notes to your back and read them in the jacks

or ask the guy in front of you/behind/beside you for answers

get a big pencil case and write on it, thats what my mate did since 1st year for every exam. You'd be surprised how much writing it could take
    Where would you be without Steven Gibbons. I would be shcoked if he didn"t do that during the Leaving seen as he did do it as you say in every single test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

NADA wrote:
    Where would you be without Steven Gibbons. I would be shcoked if he didn"t do that during the Leaving seen as he did do it as you say in every single test.

he wrote out a load of physics formulae

none of them came up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Nothing would piss me off more than seeing someone cheat in the LC. Why the **** should we work our asses off studying and they can get away with that? It'd be even more frustrating if they're going for a place on the course you're applying for as they'll be getting higher points and thus bumping up the amount required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

They work their ass off and then cheat as a backup, I did. The only subjects I was ever good at were english and history, I cheated in a subject and it meant the difference between passing and failing, at the end of the day the only person that knew was me and since I benefitted I didn't care. At the end of the day you do what you have to. Having very few morals does help too. Wish I'd done it in the rest of my subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Well aren't you lovely?

Meh, what harm did it do? It's not like it got me 545 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

GDM wrote:
    Meh, what harm did it do? It's not like it got me 545 points.

You know full well what harm it did. Isn't that why you pointed out your lack of morals?

At the end of the day it was either cheat or fail miserably.

• Advertisement

Fail honestly... not miserably

Advertisement