Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Seafood Restaurant Dublin

• 10-08-2006 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

I'm bringing an Italian lady friend out for dinner and she's into seafood,can someone recommend a good seafood restaurant pref Dublin city and pref not too pricey?thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

jonny68 wrote:
    I'm bringing an Italian lady friend out for dinner and she's into seafood,can someone recommend a good seafood restaurant pref Dublin city and pref not too pricey?thanks :)
    seafood in dublin? not too pricey?
    not going to get anything decent tbh.
    All the good seafood is on the west coast anyhow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I believe the Mermaid Cafe on Dame St is the place to go for seafood, but,unfortunately, I'm afraid I know nothing about it but our kind overlady Shabadu knows all about it.

I quite like Ouzo's. I mainly visit their branch in Ranelagh but I believe their original restaurant is on baggot st. Very fresh, tasty seafood caught by their own boats that day and reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Mackerel above Bewleys on Grafton St. is not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Mackerel above Bewleys on Grafton St. is not too bad.
    You've been fishing too much.

What about The Red Bank in Skerries?

Famed for its seafood, & Terry McCoy (Chef Patron & regularly to be seen in Ireland on Sunday with Bertie's missus) thinks he is a celeb-chef too. He may even come to your table after your meal & tell you a witty anecdote.

There you have it...
    Good food, politics, affairs, over-inflated egos, the lot!
    What more could an Italian want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jonny68 wrote:
    Try the King Citric in Howth, it's pricey, but not off the beam.

Also, there's about 3 pretty good, less formal, sea-food restaurants if you take a walk down Howth pier. There's some nice gourmet shops there too (Beshoff's, etc).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Thanks for the recommendations folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Ar vicoletto's in Temple Bar! Mermaid is also yumtastic, but ar vicoletto's is less 'fancy' if you know what I mean, and I just love fish grilled simply w/ lemon.

<3 tSubh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

The Lobster Pot in Ballsbridge (upstairs beside Rolys) is an old-style restaurant with great seafood, but it is pricey.

FWIW I tried Mackerel in Bewleys a few weeks ago and was very disappointed, most of the nice looking fish had very overpowering sauces. My previous visit had been much better.

Advertisement