Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LG Head Unit

Options
  • 10-08-2006 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with LG head units? I know they make nice flat screen TV's and DVD drives etc, but have never seen any in-car stuff from them before.

Pixmania have this one which has caught my eye for €114. It supports MP3 CD's and has a USB interface and a remote control. Has a 7-colour backlight so should be easy to match to my red-lit dash.
    There's bugger all info on it on LG's site, and the one on their site is a slightly different model (LAC-M6500 instead of 6500R) and looks slightly different. As far as I can tell the only difference is the colour of it.
    Found a video on youtube of some guy fooling about with the one featured on Pixmania, and it looks decent enough. He had a USB hard disk full of mp3's plugged into it.
    It will be replacing my even cheaper Aldi one, which also plays mp3 cd's and has a USB port, but the buttons/interface on it are bloody awful, and its not too pretty either.

Found some specs of this exact model on the french LG site, which i have crudely translated below (it looks like a complete mess but that's the way it was on the site...):

Title bit:
    USB Host- Removable digital fascia - 4x50W power output - MP3 and ID3 tag support- XDSS+ bass boost system

Specs:

Functions: CD/radio
    Screen type: LCD
    Backlight colours: 7
    Night lighting: yes
    Integrated clock: yes
    Remote control: yes
    CD changer control: no

Digital tuner: FM/MW
    Station search modes: auto/manual
    24 station presets, 6 buttons
    RDS, TA, PTY, EON, REG, CT
    Plays CDs
    Plays CD-R/RW
    Plays MP3s
    Displays ID3 tags(track, artist, album)
    Repeat mode
    Shuffle mode
    10 sec intro mode
    Amp: 4x50W outputs
    Electronic equalizer
    VOL/BAS/TRB/BAL/FAD
    7 Bandes (Flat/Pop/Classic/Rock)
    XDSS+ bass boost
    Mute button

*phew*

Here's a picture: l_14400284.jpg
    No idea where the USB port is hidden.
    Edit: Ah, apparently that bit on the front that looks like a headphone jack/line in takes some kind of adaptor cable for the USB connection. As seen in this super hi res pic: http://fr.lge.com/filedown.do?filepath=/download/product/020304/LAC-M6500R/&filename=LAC-M6500.jpg ... Bonus, judging from the logo visible in the hi-res pic it plays WMA's as well.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW4Y9uEkvLs

Anyways... worth 114 quid?

Comments

Advertisement