Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tileing advice

Options
  • 11-08-2006 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

my bathroom floor has the shower area sunken slightly instead of a shower tray ( wetroom style)
    would work fine except that the tiler made a bags of it - ( basicaly it looks crap compared to the same shower area in the ensuite )
    without getting too much into the detail i want to know is it possible to take up the tiles in that area and replace them or do i have to do the entire floor ( large room ) or worse the walls also

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

You should only have to do the area around the wet room. YOu will have to be carefull when taking them up though, not to chip the tiles u wish to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

was going to get a professional to do it - but it can be done, right, without damaging the rest of the floor ??? ---- or is it a bad idea in general would you think ... i dont want to make matters worse :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Why not get back the tiler and get him to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

yop wrote:
    Why not get back the tiler and get him to do it?

he said it was impossible to do it without destroying the rest of the floor ( which sounded a bit to me like he just didnt want to do it ) and i dont want to have yet another argument with him - life is too short -
    and anyway with the job he did on it the first time i think i need to get someone else anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Yes it can be done but you will need to be very careful not only not to chip the surrounding tiles but also not to lift them off their adhesive bed when doing the job. A bit of patience though and it can be done. I agree that you can't leave it as it is if it's as you say. You'll be looking at it a long time and it'll prey on you every time you come in the room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement