Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BroadBand via Mobile phone mast

• 11-08-2006 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I've heard somewhere that you can get broadband throught mobile phone masts.

Cable and wireless are not available in my area, and never will, so mobile phone masts is my last glimmering hope of ever getting broadband

anyone know of any companies which offer this service, or if what i'm hearing is not true

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You can get BB through some mobile phone masts from Vodafone using their 3G data cards.

You can also get wireless BB from other companies (not necessarily through mobile masts) such as Digiweb Metro (the best), Clearwire or IBB (by far the worst, only if you can't get anything else).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Or O2 BK but its €129 a month and capped at 1.5Gb so Voda is far chaper and with far better coverage than O2

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Business/Price+Plans/Data+tariffs/3G+data+card+tariffs

Advertisement