Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question re the new Nokia E61

• 11-08-2006 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

So, I may be being completely stupid but here goes........

Been looking at this -> Nokia E61
    Im thinking about grabbing one, but...
    Everything I find about it online mentions that it has WiFi,.... sounds great, (pity about having no camera though).....

What I cannot find an answer to however is,....
    I have wifi setup here in the house, my laptop etc all connected to the wireless router / modem.
    If I try and use this phone to surf, will I be charged by vodafone somhow or will it just be "another wireless device" on my network using my regular Eircon bandwidth?

Asked the asst in vodafone, didnt know, kept mentioning somthing about "our 29.99 euro a month connection fee"....... sounded a bit ditzy to me, but hey, anyone know any details?

b

(Ive read every google'able review etc, none seem to mention anything about having to pay a connection fee to be able to surf via your own wireless network, if there is such a thing, it sounds insane and impossible).:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You don't have to pay for it. Wi-fi on a phone is completely free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

as the other responder said wifi is free and it works well too. I have an E61 and have set up an access point group with my home wifi first,then work wifi then gprs. At home or in the office I get my email,broswe, download etc using wifi and the phone then switches to gprs once I'm out of range of wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It's wifi and free.

Anyone know when Vodafone are releasing the E60?? I want that one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Vodafone aren't going to release the E60, they are only releasing the E61 (already available) and the E50 and E70 at the end of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Lack of a camera is the only thing holding me back, im off out to Blanch in an hour, guess I'll make up my mind when I get there. Strong contender though.

b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

e70 for the win imho :)

Advertisement