Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just a though about the current state of the Tag division in WWE

• 11-08-2006 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Just thinking about the Tag division in WWE. We all know that its in a bit of mess at the moment and the reason for this is because, well, theres just not enough teams for each brand to have their own division. I mean lets look at RAW... Spirit Squad, Highlanders, Cade & Murdoch thats it! There are make-shift teams as well like Viscera & Haas, Snitsky & Eugene but they rarely team together. Smackdown is pretty much in the same boat with London & Kendrick, The Gymini, The Pitt Bulls and possibly Idol stevens and whats his face being the only proper teams. The make-shifts on SD include: Scotty & Funaki, Regal & Finlay?, Elijah burke & Terkay?.

My idea is that there should be a proper Tag division League which wrestlers must enter their teams into if they want to compete for the tag team titles during which time they would not be able to compete in singles competion unless against other Tag League opponents. It would not be exclusive to any brand either which means matches could take place on either RAW or SD. There would also be a points system which decides which teams are eligible for a shot at the titles. For example a team that wins a match recieves 3 points and a team that loses, gets 2 points deducted from their tally.

I believe that this sort of system would boost interest in the Tag division, seem more competitive with the league standings and would also give low and mid-carders a better chance of exposure and the chance to get somewhere in WWE.

Just a thought...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I remember when Angle was champ years ago he wanted his next opponent to be someone who was top a ranking boards. In the end all the big names lost their matches and Crash Holly ended up being the number one contender leading to Hardcore's return. I liked that idea.

I like your idea but it's not something I see WWE implementing each week. It's too smart for them. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Exactly, I don't see how the creative team would be able to get their heads around that concept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

yep. good idea, but one that is beyond the capacity of wwe thinking.

Advertisement