Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mapopolis maps

• 11-08-2006 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    i purchased the mapopolis european mappack about 2 weeks ago online.

however, when i went to download the maps i find you have to download the maps country by country ie there's no option to download county by county as there used to be with their demo maps before.

so for example the uk and ireland map is a massive 166mb - an hour and a half on a broadband connection i'm guessing.

i don't have broadband at home and using a coffee shop/restaurant is impractical and i keep losing the connection anyway.

i have got on to lamar at mapopolis about this problem and he said he'd send me on a cd of the european maps but i haven't got anything yet.

anyone else here have the same problem. i see one or two others here have the mapopolis maps so i was just wondering how ye managed.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

mkennedy wrote:
    hi.
    i purchased the mapopolis european mappack about 2 weeks ago online.

however, when i went to download the maps i find you have to download the maps country by country ie there's no option to download county by county as there used to be with their demo maps before.

so for example the uk and ireland map is a massive 166mb - an hour and a half on a broadband connection i'm guessing.

i don't have broadband at home and using a coffee shop/restaurant is impractical and i keep losing the connection anyway.

i have got on to lamar at mapopolis about this problem and he said he'd send me on a cd of the european maps but i haven't got anything yet.

anyone else here have the same problem. i see one or two others here have the mapopolis maps so i was just wondering how ye managed.

any ideas?

I've a 5meg line in the office, if you pm me the details I'll download and post on a CD for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

skearon wrote:
    I've a 5meg line in the office, if you pm me the details I'll download and post on a CD for you

that sounds good.
    i'll pm you and we can talk about it further.
    thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I believe that Mapopolis moved to country by country maps due to demand for this feature, as most of the other satnav software providers do the same. Of course, if you don't have broadband, this turns out to be a little bit of a pain...

Advertisement