Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st MMORPG

Options
  • 11-08-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Alright i gave in to one of these, Eve Online, did the 14 day trial, just finished the tutorial, anyone else play this? Nick on it is R0ot2NT, my characters name is R0ot :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I play it.

A lot of Irish people play it. Convo Epro when I come online and I can answer any questions you have and help you out a bit.

Froot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

convo jaggeh after about 5.30 today. im heading back to empire to raid convoys tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

met a really sound lad on it, he invited to his corp, bought me a Kesler, fully out-fitted . A few NRG members are following suit into the game also, thanks for the offer of help lads, i may take ya up on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just started on this. Very complex!

My chars name is Slurmseh. So if anyone wants to lend a hand, feel free!

Jaggeh m8 thanks for the help! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Any n00bs should drop into the irish channel lots of advice and deprived convos

bizmark wrote:
    Any n00bs should drop into the irish channel lots of advice and deprived convos

irish channel? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Ah damn you Root!
    Just re-installed it. I'll play through the trial again, and see if I'll stick with it again. Shall post back when I've a character set up.

Sigh, here we go again.

Right, had to download some ridiculously huge patch, so I shall be up and running tonight.
    How d'you get onto this Irish channel? I think I got onto it before, but it was completely empty...

Spike wrote:
    Right, had to download some ridiculously huge patch, so I shall be up and running tonight.
    How d'you get onto this Irish channel? I think I got onto it before, but it was completely empty...

Whats your in-game name? mine is R0ot (obviously) What race have you chosen also? Theres a neocon called channels and mail lists go there, click "join/create room" button and type in "irish" without the "" :D

• Advertisement

np R0ot

if you or any of your mates who are just starting out need any advice/help id be happy to assist. just add me to your addressbook and convo me when im on.

once you get a bit of SP and more importantly XP under your belt you might want to consider joining a 0.0 corp/alliance. while it is extremely dangerous. it is the most fun you can have. even in a tech 1 frigate if you have the right skills (propulsion jamming, electronics) you can be useful in a fleet.

I started out pvp'ing in a Tristan (tier 4 Gallente tech 1 frigate) and moved on to a cormorant(Tech 1 caldari destroyer) both fairly cheap ships, i easily lost 10-15 of each in my formative years.

Now i fly either my Enyo (tech 2 gallente Assault frigate) or my Ishtar (Tech 2 Gallente Heavy Assault Cruiser) i tried out a deimos (expensive mistake) but the ishtar is my new favorite toy :)

jaggeh wrote:
    np R0ot

if you or any of your mates who are just starting out need any advice/help id be happy to assist. just add me to your addressbook and convo me when im on.

Yeah thanks again m8, been in the irish channel the last 2 days and talking to darkireland and a few other irish lads.

We are actually thinking of forming our own group and learning from there, so far there are 6 of us who will definately be paying for Eve after the trial, aswell as a few other randomers ive met ingame, loads of lads have been really helpful and the rookie help and irish channel have to be the best of craic in all of the rooms.

Only two bad experiences so far in the game, 1 was the ambush where i lost my first ship, and then was RAT hunting in asteroid field with a few yanks, this lad called "Red Thunder" appeared with a big ship (don't know what it was) he message on local to ask us to chat to him, then he activates the warp jammer thing and starts firing at us, we outrun him, nearly losing two of our team and warp outta there, he continued to follow us until we stopped at the nearest stargate, this was in a 0.6 sec region ffs! :D

jaggeh wrote:
    a Tristan (tier 4 Gallente tech 1 frigate)

There are no tier 4 frigates. Its a tier 2.

OMGn00b :p

Froot wrote:
    There are no tier 4 frigates. Its a tier 2.

OMGn00b :p

hmm, froot? rhymes with r0ot Ó.ó :eek:

whoops, what i meant to say was......shut up and dont be a pedant.

There are 6 Gallente frigates including the newbie ship.
    Atron - Tier 1
    Imicus- Tier 1
    Maulus- Tier 1
    Navitas - Tier 1
    Incursus - Tier 2
    Tristan - Tier 2

R0ot wrote:
    Whats your in-game name? mine is R0ot (obviously) What race have you chosen also? Theres a neocon called channels and mail lists go there, click "join/create room" button and type in "irish" without the "" :D

I've only gotten as far as the login screen! I'll sit down this evening and give it a blast, and I'll post back here when I've a character made.
    Ta for the channel tip btw.

jaggeh wrote:
    whoops, what i meant to say was......shut up and dont be a pedant.

There are 6 Gallente frigates including the newbie ship.
    Atron - Tier 1
    Imicus- Tier 1
    Maulus- Tier 1
    Navitas - Tier 1
    Incursus - Tier 2
    Tristan - Tier 2

Your knowledge of frigates is astounding. Your an asset to the game :D
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You in an alliance jaggeh?

I was in the curse Coalition myself until someone decided to doctor votes o.0

Advertisement