Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 show cars...

Options
  • 11-08-2006 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

I saw the Peugeot show cars the other day, you know the yellow and green ones.... Not mad about them at all but the yellow one was pretty fast and anyway here they are, didn't get a good snap of the green one!

dsc00875zg9.jpg
    dsc00878lu4.jpg
    dsc00881mu6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

dont like that yellow one at all. reminds me of what the spanish were doing to their cars abut 5 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

LOL, the famous 'I spent 70k odd on 2 206's'

I wouldnt mind if the guys actually put some sweat and blood into this, but all they did was buy them modified. Sure couldnt anyone do that? Makes me laugh tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

JohnCleary wrote:
    LOL, the famous 'I spent 70k odd on 2 206's'

I wouldnt mind if the guys actually put some sweat and blood into this, but all they did was buy them modified. Sure couldnt anyone do that? Makes me laugh tbh

They didnt buy them modified so to speak,they each bought the cars brand new from factory and then had the work carried out by eccosse

eireal wrote:
    They didnt buy them modified so to speak,they each bought the cars brand new from factory and then had the work carried out by eccosse

Yeah but in fairness all they did was throw money at people to do the work, like I said anyone can do that.

Now im not into the OTT modding, I have some subtle mod's (both cosmetic and other), but they were all done 100% by me and thats why im proud of my motor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Fag mobiles or are the owners girls :D
    Sure, each to their own. the wheels are mank though.

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    Yeah but in fairness all they did was throw money at people to do the work, like I said anyone can do that.

Thats exactly what 95% of people with modified cars do though,well when it comes to bodywork and interiors or sound systems.Its very rare that you'l come across someone whos done every single bit of modification themselfs.

Personally if i had that kinda money to spend of mod's id have no problem letting someone else do all the work!Its a whole load of blood sweat and tears when you start trying your hand at retrims and bodywork

eireal wrote:
    Thats exactly what 95% of people with modified cars do though,well when it comes to bodywork and interiors or sound systems.Its very rare that you'l come across someone whos done every single bit of modification themselfs.

Personally if i had that kinda money to spend of mod's id have no problem letting someone else do all the work!Its a whole load of blood sweat and tears when you start trying your hand at retrims and bodywork

I guess i'm a 'rare breed' then :D :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Did I see those wheels before in Ben Hur?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I know the lad who owns the green one. Deadly car altogether.
    Dunno if I would spend 70k on a 206, but I wouldn't kick it out of the bed for eating crisps either!

Robbo wrote:
    Did I see those wheels before in Ben Hur?

lol :)

Id rather have my cock savaged by rabie infested monkeys then own either of them fagbox 206's. And im not saying that for effect. They are both terrible.

• Advertisement

anti wrote:
    lol :)

Id rather have my cock savaged by rabie infested monkeys then own either of them fagbox 206's. And im not saying that for effect. They are both terrible.

Ah in fairness theyre nice cars but for 70k you could buy a decent car, or put a deposit on a mortgage, etc...

for 70k i would buy a skyline r33gtr and spend about 50k on the engine + tranny and bring it up to about 800bhp, just change the wheels, add some coilovers. a proper street sleeper

for 70k i would buy a skyline r33gtr and spend about 50k on the engine + tranny and bring it up to about 800bhp, just change the wheels, add some coilovers. a proper street sleeper
    Anyone that sees a skyline, even folk not into cars, assume and expect a skyline to be fast or to have a bit of power just by the look of it. How is it in anyway a sleeper car. :confused:

ps: Does anyone else think a standard Gti 206 in black looks way better than either of them 2 yokes. There like something a 12yr old would do, with the desperate colours and wheels. They could have at last picked a mans car (pug 306 Dturbo/Gti6) instead of girlie 206`s.

Nuttzy wrote:
    Anyone that sees a skyline, even folk not into cars, assume and expect a skyline to be fast or to have a bit of power just by the look of it. How is it in anyway a sleeper car. :confused:

ps: Does anyone else think a standard Gti 206 in black looks way better than either of them 2 yokes. There like something a 12yr old would do, with the desperate colours and wheels. They could have at last picked a mans car (pug 306 Dturbo/Gti6) instead of girlie 206`s.

I think its a desperate cry for attention tbh, although I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

JohnCleary wrote:
    Ah in fairness theyre nice cars but for 70k you could buy a decent car, or put a deposit on a mortgage, etc...

have to agree with you on that but i do love the knowlage that my altezza is unlike any other on the planet with the styling i have .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nuttzy wrote:
    Does anyone else think a standard Gti 206 in black looks way better than either of them 2 yokes. There like something a 12yr old would do, with the desperate colours and wheels. They could have at last picked a mans car (pug 306 Dturbo/Gti6) instead of girlie 206`s.

I have a sandard 206gti in black and it does look better than those imo... but then I'm not into weighting down cars with fiberglass and heavy alloys anymore.

Were either of those well powered or are they both 1.1s or 1.4s?

probably engine swapped, you dont spend 70k on the body/interior and leave in a 75hp engine. It wouldnt cope with the extra weight from the ice install very well, And then there is the matter of turning the wheels

There both 2.0 Gti's,no engine conversions,thats what they were bought as.
    Each car also has a 50shot of Naaaaawwwws!Aswell as exhaust/filter ect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

so they spent 35k on each one and bought them new?

Total of 65k each then, you'd get something much better for 65k...thats up in newish M3 money.

yep, or evo.

Still if they want to look like fags driving around in them things its their choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

anti wrote:
    yep, or evo.

Still if they want to look like fags driving around in them things its their choice

id love to own one they look good . there one off cars not many people have those .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Just wondering what they do for a living, as it's effectively throwing/burning money away. If that's how they want to spend their cash, fair enough, but they're still driving (€70k)Peugeot 206's. Saw the green one off baggot st, a couple of weeks back, and it didn't look €70k's worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I saw one of these exiting the M50 at Sandyford a while ago. Cacked myself laughing TBH, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

anti wrote:
    yep, or evo.

Modification of cars is customisation of the car, by owners choice.

Ever hear of "each to their own"??

I know these 2 cars, and what has been done. We have had them proudly on our show stands at shows. They didnt both win joint 1st place at 100% modified for no reason...

Have a look at a feature we did for PROPER pics.

http://www.manic-motorz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10754

Buzz

They are a bit gay though, although they do look nice in some of the pics, depends on how you look at them. The wheel arches look peculiar or something in the close up shots of the wheels, they`re too wide or something and the ben hur wheels are werid. The cars themselves are too bubbly or floated or something. Still, nice to see something different.

The fronts of the cars are nice i like the yellow front with the spots but the backs are ok-ish, dont like the way the exhausts are done as if theres half of another 1, on the green car.

Do them lads use them as there daily cars do you know. I`d personally rather jump into a standard Ctr or Itr in the mornings than either of them. All the televisions and all that music stuff is sad. Why would you want all that s.hit in your car.

Im not into and dont "get" the whole overkill of car modification but i suppose its nice to see soemthing different and unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

elexes wrote:
    there one off cars not many people have those .

there 206's i've seen loads of them about, they have 70k's worth of plastic stuck to them fair enough but there still 206's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Nuttzy wrote:
    All the televisions and all that music stuff is sad. Why would you want all that s.hit in your car.

Cus its a show car...................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Top marks to Ecosse for building them, bonus points for getting two fools to pay that much for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i like the yellow one. green doesn't look too special. the yellow paint and wire wheels wouldnt be my first choice but i have seen those wheel looking good on some cars and ya cant realy paint a car kitted like that a dark color coz it would ruin the lines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement