Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyone cook this dinner!!!

• 11-08-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Have a recipe for y'all.

I've done this at least once a week and it's bootiful!

Crispy Duck with Grattan like potatoes and honey and coreander sauce.

Ok first off, we'll presume that you're cooking for two. Get two have ducklings (Superquinn usually get them in on thursdays...by tuesdays they're selling them off 2for1)

The Poppys

Also you'll need some decent potatoes, as in ones that will roast nicely for you. Peel them and cut them up into thin enough slices (like scallops I guess). When you have them peeled you must lay them out in an oiled baking tray in a kind of pringles, layered formation. Boil a kettle, put a chicken stock cube into a pint glass and fill to a little less than half (obviously depends on how much potatoes you're cooking, an average baking tray size = less than half) Pour the watered chicken stock over the potatoes. You can then finely chop some onions and shake them as well as some mixed herbs, salt, and some seasoning of your choice over the potatoes. When that's done cover the tray with some tinfoil and place in the oven.

The Duck

If you want a crispy duck it's important that you cook it on the oven rack (as opposed to in a tray). You want the juices and fat to fall from the duck into a tray below as to not have the animal cooking in its own juices (where it won't crisp too well) You can give the duck about 1.5-2 hours.

You can cook the potatoes and the duck together by the way, coooking times are both the same. After about an hour you can remove the tinfoil from the potatoes and crisp the top layer.

The Sauce

The easiest part. Go to the shopping market to those blue dragon sauces (in the small packet, about 85cent in tesco, 1.13 in superquinn) You need to get the honey and coriander one. Heat these in the microwave and pour over duck when ready.

Throw the orange slice you'll get with the duk on the plate for presentation and ENJOY!!!!!

Comments

fade2black wrote:
    You want the juices and fat to fall from the duck into a tray below as to not have the animal cooking in its own juices (where it won't crisp too well)

be sure to save the fat and juices, simply pour it into a take-away metal dish and allow to solidify at room temp before freezing it.

use this to make the most perfect roast potatoes you have ever tasted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh Christ I shouldn't read this forum when I'm hungry. I want duck so much right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

be sure to save the fat and juices, simply pour it into a take-away metal dish and allow to solidify at room temp before freezing it.

use this to make the most perfect roast potatoes you have ever tasted!

nice idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Anyone try this?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

thanks for the poppys and the duck tips. not mad about those dragon sauces sauces.

• Advertisement
Advertisement