Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can I get tickets for Chelsea v. Liverpool

• 11-08-2006 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

I am looking to go over to see Chelsea play Liverpool at Stamford bridge this September. When I went to Chelsea's website to see what the ticketing policy is, it states that tickets go on sale 4 weeks before the match itself with the first 3 of those 4 weeks reserved to members and season ticket holders.

Does anyone have experience with buying tickets from Chelsea in the fourth week or, does anyone know where I could get tickets without paying an arm and a leg or having to buy them as part of a travel package.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

no chance of getting one for face value, they'll be sold out within a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

give them a call explain that u r comin over from ireland and u need to book flights etc and they may feel sorry for u and make an acception for u, worth a try (be really nice and say sumthing like ur bringin ur friend as a bday present)

don't think you can even buy over the phone anymore from them, either at the box office or online, to buy online you need to be a member or season ticket holder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Forget about it. Best chance is getting one in a pub on the day of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

as growler says the tickets go to season ticket holders 1st then to members, normally to members a match like this will be limited to one per person

if you wanted to guarentee a ticket you could probably pay for a membership for you and your friend and buy them from the club, though i think membership is around 40 sterling but you would have to watch when the tickets are released and get them online fairly quick on the day

heres the link anyway http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?article=270566&Title=Members&lid=Navigation+-+Members&sub=Members&nav=&sublid=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I checked out that link and it says that 10,000 tickets are held back for members, that means that at least 20,000-30,000 tickets must go on general sale. Am I right? I know it is a big fixture but if that amount of tickets goes on general sale I must stand a good chance of getting 2 if I am online, ready to buy the minuate they go on sale. Am I wrong I thinking this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I checked out that link and it says that 10,000 tickets are held back for members, that means that at least 20,000-30,000 tickets must go on general sale. Am I right? I know it is a big fixture but if that amount of tickets goes on general sale I must stand a good chance of getting 2 if I am online, ready to buy the minuate they go on sale. Am I wrong I thinking this?

I would imagine at least 25,000 of those are season ticket holders and probably 3-4k for Liverpool. They will be harder then dragons teeth to get for a non member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

i wouldnt imagine for a game like this that any go on general sale, what with season tickets/members/supporters clubs/away fans/travel agents/corperate and hospitality seats to be considered it would easily get you to 40,000+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

You've practically zero chance of getting any ticket for the Chelsea v L'pool game unless you know somebody who works with CFC or who knows someone with a corporate box or you get very lucky in a local pub on the day. If you want to go see Chelsea then try going for tickets against Watford, Reading or someone like that. Still not guaranteed to get any though. It's very very difficult at the best of times.

Cheers guys for all the input and advice. I think I might just fork out and buy a membership, I really want to go see this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Charlie- as a Chelsea fan I can say that as a non-member you have no chance of getting a ticket for that game (unless corporate tickets are available and you can guess how much they are!!!!! or through soem travel agent over here at mad prices) - for some games tickets never even get to the level of being available to non-members, however chances are that games against lesser teams will be on general sale but you will only find this out at max 7 days before - which leaves flights/hotels an issue.

Membership(£70 Sterling) is the only real option but Im not sure if for some matches you may have to have a certain level of points (Loyalty Points)(points are gained from attending other games i.e. therefore to reward people who attend a good few matches).

Read under the membership section
    http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?article=270566&Title=Memberships&lid=Navigation+-+Tickets&sub=Memberships&nav=&sublid=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

how many season tickets have each club sold so far?

I just heard Man U sold 64,000 which is a phenomenon amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United are apparently up to 67000, but that's a false number compared to other clubs, as they introduced one year season tickets.

chelsea have about 25,000 season ticket holders, all the available season tickets are sold although they say they will make an additional 1500 new season tickets available next year.

Not sure if the loyalty scheme has come into effect yet, if it has then even buying membership won't be of much use to you unless you have been to all the other games before it.

The website says that the Loyalty system is used for domestic cup finals and champions league semi finals, I know its a big game but its nowhere mear as big as a champions league semi final. Also, I know season ticket holders get first dibs but will they take that many up as there season ticket is already a ticket for the match?

Advertisement