Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

TV unit advice

• 11-08-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

I know this is largely a matter of personal taste, but would welcome any advice. I'm going in tomorrow to buy a TV unit to stand our 32" LCD on, since it's been sitting on the floor for months.

The TV is 80cm x 65cm (including the stand). I reckon a TV unit of about 50cm high will put the screen at a good height. (It's a Samsung LE32R41B if anyone cares).

I've narrowed it down to two choices - one is 102cm long, but 58cm high.
    The other is only 90cm long, and 47cm high.

My basic questions are:
    - What height 'should' a 32" LCD be at?
    I reckon having the top of the screen about 110cm off the ground would look right, but it's been on the floor so long I could be biased towards having it too low. So maybe I'm wrong and should go with the first unit.

- If I put the TV on the second unit, is it going to dwarf it?
    The unit's only 10cm longer than the TV. But on the other hand, while a CRT wold certainly look bulky there, it's an LCD so I might get away with it.

So, any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

I read that the centre of the picture should be 1.4 metres from the floor.
    Worked nicely for me.

Advertisement