Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Grub

Options
  • 11-08-2006 12:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think it would be a good idea to start a thread about nice spots for a bit of Pub Grub.

My Recommendation's are.

Graingers Baldoyle,nice spot by the sea.They have a kids play area as well which is handy.

Great Southern Hotel Dublin Airport, O' Deas Bar nice spot never packed even when theirs a big match on.Handy if you are close to the Airport.

Frazers O'Connell Street,I have not been in a while but from what I remember the grub was good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Martello in Bray

On the seafront with a glass conservatory upstairs and food is great;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

o neills on suffock street. do a great carvery and lots of it though you have to be wary when the regular chef goes on holiday (like most places:D ). they put the prices up recently but you can still get a decent meal for about 12.50euro. the roast beef is the best and you cant beat their gravy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

as well as the carvery, their menu of other stuff is great - nyom I love O'Neills food :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Market Bar, off of Georges St, does the nicest pub grub that I've tasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally, I love the food in The Porter House. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

The Star in Swords does by far the best pub grub I've ever come across, the eating area is a bit drab but the quality of the food and size of portions more than makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Diceys Gardens at the Harcourt Hotel, Harcourt St.. excellent food and fabulous beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I forget the name (it mustn't be that great so :o:p ) but for pub grub it has to be up at the Airport, just off the M1 :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

raheny red wrote:
    I forget the name (it mustn't be that great so :o:p ) but for pub grub it has to be up at the Airport, just off the M1 :cool:

The coachman's ...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, it's The Coachman's in that last post.

My own input to this thread would be The Goblet on the Malahide Road, Artane. Lovely food, and quite a varied evening menu too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Merrion Inn ... nyom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Dub13 wrote:
    The coachman's ...?

Yep, that's the one - lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

FXB's in Monkstown. It's a limited menu in the bar (literally finger foods / steak / prawn) but it's fantastic and quite reasonable price-wise...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd also definitely agree with Dicey's garden - the portions are big too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Can't remember the spelling, McTourchaills? MacTurkills? Just down the road from Tara st. dart station, They do a great carvery, more than you eat, quality food, low prices. An occasional work lunch treat! yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The dollymount Inn is a nice place to eat, untill its knocked down shortly that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Have to agree with the above posters. O'Neills on Suffolk Street do amazing pub grub and huge portions. The sandwiches they do are savage aswell.
    Might go there for lunch today:D

Advertisement