Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tramore-Becoming da Nxt Dublin?

• 11-08-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

Have a gaf down in wexford but went 2 Tramore on Wednesday and my god.I thought i was in Dublin.Every single person[teenager] and i mean every single one was in [for boys] da Fred Perry,acoste or else Celtic stuff and da girls in those tight 3/4 length Trousers and da pearl kinda Necklaces.Jesus and there was me in just Nike gear.Was unreal.And even in Dublin u dnt see tat many people like tat.It was at da Funfair and Circus they have there.Anyone else notice this???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And people using txt language in da messages and da conversatoins like u do?

Seriously, when it's full of alcholics in denial, rains every day and every square inch of the place is taken up by a miserable ****e of a driver moaning that there's too much traffic o nthe roads, I'll agree.

(Unless of course it's like that already...!)

Edit: It is, of course, possible that there was a truck load of DUbs down for a break...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Soby wrote:
    Have a gaf down in wexford but went 2 Tramore on Wednesday and my god.I thought i was in Dublin.Every single person[teenager] and i mean every single one was in [for boys] da Fred Perry,acoste or else Celtic stuff and da girls in those tight 3/4 length Trousers and da pearl kinda Necklaces.Jesus and there was me in just Nike gear.Was unreal.And even in Dublin u dnt see tat many people like tat.It was at da Funfair and Circus they have there.Anyone else notice this???

Maybe Dublin is just becoming more like Tramore? Dublin is in England, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tramore is holiday central for some Dubs... We get hundreds a day asking "Do yous know(emphises on the 'ow') d'next bus t'pebble beach."

Been like that for a long time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Old news story or what? I thought everyone knew that Tramore in the Augusts holliday period became Dublins Mini-Me.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well me being a teenager havent picked up on the news[didnt use da].But no there all WAterford people im sure of dat.ah well something i noticed and thought id say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Tramore does have a reputation for the discerning visitor , the place just oozes class out there , seriously though the town council have a lot to answer for marketing the town for the type of visitor they get , most local people would'nt dream of going near the place at this time of year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Have to admit guys I am just back from the Kingdom and had a similar experience.In Tralee in particular there was a **** load of skangers and I'm talking local variety not dubs.I think the fact is there are Nike Junkies everywhere you go now.Although Killlarnery is not as tacky as it was the last time I was there.I was really impressed.I was there in 96 and it had become a real ****hole.It virtually had pink flamingoes on the walls in the pubs.Its also starting to get a 'city' feel to the place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its only like this in the summer period (June, July and August). However, its mainly August and espicaly the August Bank Holiday Weekend where the true rough crowd comes to Tramore. Its to do mainly with the hotels down around the "park" offering cheap rates to the scum of the earth. Oh and the Arcades. Apparently, on the bank holiday weekend, Strand St had to be closed due to a major bust up with a huge crowd. Cops were trying to break it up. Fairly scary people said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Also st vincent de paul pay for some of the less off families from inner city dublin to have a holiday in tramore its an annual thing. same thing every year without fail theres always mayhem at this time of the year here and its the same weekends every year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Don't forget our Northern cousins descending en masse when the marching season kicks off. They can be kind of lively too!
    I guess the 'down around' part Tramore appeals to a certain age group and that age group can be kind of like sheep in the way they dress and act, so it's no surprise to see an awful lot of them wearing the clothes that were described in the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Soby wrote:
    and da girls in those tight 3/4 length Trousers and da pearl kinda Necklaces.

What's wrong with that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭JMcL

Roen wrote:
    I guess the 'down around' part Tramore appeals to a certain age group and that age group can be kind of like sheep in the way they dress and act, so it's no surprise to see an awful lot of them wearing the clothes that were described in the OP.

I'd been tempted to take camera and tripod down to get some shots of the lights, but having walked around the "fun"fair a couple of weeks back, there's not a chance I'd pull a camera out without at least 2 rottweillers as company.

Was out there myself a few weeks back, Jm, got some lovely shots, but I really didn't feel safe there. Go in the morning, best light and less people.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fajitas! wrote:
    Was out there myself a few weeks back, Jm, got some lovely shots, but I really didn't feel safe there. Go in the morning, best light and less people.

Im local, and I dont feel safe down there either. I drive by, and keep the doors locked. Scumbags all over the place.

Fajitas! wrote:

Or another solution, get a long lens and stay in the garden - much safer :)

wheel_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Cool Pic;)

Psssssh, clean yer sensor! ;) Nice shot though...very nice! 300mm from the South area?

Just to be ballsy,

Close up, wide angle goodness!

204234998_7ea34fedd0.jpg

Jaysus, we might even make Tramore look good ;)

Fajitas! wrote:
    Psssssh, clean yer sensor! ;)
    Bah, thought I might have go away with that one by shrinking it :)
    Fajitas! wrote:
    Nice shot though...very nice! 300mm from the South
    Bit higher, actually from the garden. Grand view if you can ignore "We will rock you" and Austin Powers every 3 minutes :(
    Fajitas! wrote:
    Just to be ballsy,

Close up, wide angle goodness!

204234998_7ea34fedd0.jpg

Jaysus, we might even make Tramore look good ;)
    Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

class photos lads. i live in tramore and i go out there a lot and yeah it can be rough at 3 in the morning the best thing is seeing the families in the junction chipper at 3 in the mornin with the kids running around the place shouting at you.
    i got started on by a bunch of 13 year olds last night comin home from the baldy one of them kept telling me he was going to stab me, then i turned around started screaming and ran striaght at them it was pretty funny to see them scatter. :)
    but yeah the place is a disgrace but usually you'll find its the same locals that are in the fights with the dubs so thers more to it. cant wait for the winter and the quiet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jayo140

Your hilarious, I am from waterford myself, but living in Dublin.

There are scumbags everywhere. And in Fairness I have been out in tramore during the winter months etc , for drinks ,meals with friend and its just as bad, so dont blame the gang from Dublin , coming down and well having a bit of a break in Tramore. All Dubliners are not scum.

Ok they have a different accent then you BOi any Bllaaaas, but sure if we were all the same then sure would't it be boring.

Tramore is what it is and allways will be, like that of Courttown,

A sea side town , with Nice chips , a dip in the sea and if your lucky you might get your bit before its time to go home to civialisation.

So lads , get a grip, and if ya have a problem move to Dunmore or is it too expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

I have to agree with you Jayo, I've spent many a summer in Tramore and met tonnes of Dubliners most of which I would NOT consider scum. Had a great craic with them listening to Rocky Mills in O'Sheas! You get scum everywhere. I think its just the teenagers that hang around - not saying they are scum - but thats what down around is like this time of year. Teenagers are loud which often is misinterpreted as scum but thats just the way they are. The fashion for teens is the 3/4 lengths and beads which I think are really nice and most teenagers are only having a laugh. Sure we all done the hanging around the walzers when we were teens. I personally love Tramore but would agree with a previous poster that it is really at its best in the winter. Love to go for spin out around Tramore and a walk on the prom and then into Freddies and play a few slots on a cold winters night and a chip in Cunninghams on the way home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Anyone who has ever been stuck on a Waterford train carriage with a bunch of Dublin scumbags might think differently. Many of them are on their way to Tramore.

What is worse about Dublin scumbags is they seem to think that because they're from Dublin they own the country. They have no respect for anyone on the trains at all. They have no respect for the places they go to, thinking them all weekend break, mickey mouse towns. They get smashed and break up wherever they're staying. (I've heard them boast on the way back.) They behave like they're on a foreign package holiday, not minding who they annoy or upset because they know they'll be moving on.

And this sort of thing is not isolated either. It continues for the whole of the summer and has resulted in the banning of drink from the Sunday train back to Dublin and the contracting of a security company to police it.

jayo140 wrote:
    Your hilarious, I am from waterford myself, but living in Dublin.

There are scumbags everywhere. And in Fairness I have been out in tramore during the winter months etc , for drinks ,meals with friend and its just as bad, so dont blame the gang from Dublin , coming down and well having a bit of a break in Tramore. All Dubliners are not scum.

Ok they have a different accent then you BOi any Bllaaaas, but sure if we were all the same then sure would't it be boring.

Tramore is what it is and allways will be, like that of Courttown,

A sea side town , with Nice chips , a dip in the sea and if your lucky you might get your bit before its time to go home to civialisation.

So lads , get a grip, and if ya have a problem move to Dunmore or is it too expensive

Nobody is blaming ALL Dubliners. We are blaming the dubliners that DO come down and DO cause havock. Its a FACT of life here in Tramore. Its not just them, but there always involved in some fight. Tramore has its local scum-bags aswel, and they always hang around outside the one store -- Pipers besides Freddies. Sometimes they move down a little bit further, but mostly they hang around there. Amusing really.

Advertisement