Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions

Options
  • 11-08-2006 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at your Windows Standard and Professional hosting plans and I've got 2 quick questions for you.

1. On the Hosting Comparison Chart you have that Cold Fusion 5 is supported. Is this the only version or do you also support version 7?

2. For SQL Server is it €25/mth per database up to 50mb or is it €25/mth for X number of databases up to a combined size of 50mb?

In relation to #2, does it make any difference that there will be virtually 0 traffic to any sites that are created? I'm basically looking for a testing server so most likely I'd be the only person who'll ever be hitting it except for the times that a client or co-worker might want to take a look at a work-in-progress which would be quite rare I'd imagine.

thanks,

John.

btw. more info on what I'm looking for overall can be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054964782

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

JohnK wrote:
    1. On the Hosting Comparison Chart you have that Cold Fusion 5 is supported. Is this the only version or do you also support version 7?

We support both. I'll have to get our webmaster to update any reference to that :)
    JohnK wrote:
    2. For SQL Server is it €25/mth per database up to 50mb or is it €25/mth for X number of databases up to a combined size of 50mb?

We give you 1 free 50 MB database with all our plans from the windows standard and upwards.

You can also choose between SQL Server 2000 or 2005 from within your control panel

JohnK wrote:
    In relation to #2, does it make any difference that there will be virtually 0 traffic to any sites that are created?

None :)
    JohnK wrote:
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, I think I may have responded to that thread the other day already

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks for the answers :). Just one more question, if I was to buy one of the packages and pay monthy would I be tied into a year-long contract or could I stop it after a few months?

If you signup monthly you can cancel at any time ie. you won't be tied into a 1 year contract

Michele

Nice one, thanks. Just a few last questions now (I hope!) relating to the standard windows package.

1. How much space is provided for the email accounts?

2. Can that be re-alocated between different accounts? eg: bill@mydomain.com gets 10mb but bob@mydomain.com gets 50mb and everyone else gets 1mb.

3A. Am I right in thinking that I can have multiple domains pointed at the one package? eg: www.mydomain.com & www.anotherdomain.net & www.yetanotherdomain.eu

3B. If I do have multiple domains pointed at the one package, will they all have the same websites or can they be different?

3C. Can I have email address at each domain thats pointed to the package or will that only work for one domain? If only for one domain, can it be changed easily?

4A. Can I setup catch-all email addresses? (so that anything sent to my domain will be seen by me)

4B. Can they be set up for each domain pointed at the package?

I think thats about it... :)

Thanks,

John.

JohnK wrote:
    1. How much space is provided for the email accounts?

You have a total disk allocation. How you split that between web and mail is up to you
    JohnK wrote:
    2. Can that be re-alocated between different accounts? eg: bill@mydomain.com gets 10mb but bob@mydomain.com gets 50mb and everyone else gets 1mb.
    Yes
    JohnK wrote:
    3A. Am I right in thinking that I can have multiple domains pointed at the one package? eg: www.mydomain.com & www.anotherdomain.net & www.yetanotherdomain.eu
    Yes
    JohnK wrote:
    3B. If I do have multiple domains pointed at the one package, will they all have the same websites or can they be different?

You can have both.
    JohnK wrote:
    3C. Can I have email address at each domain thats pointed to the package or will that only work for one domain? If only for one domain, can it be changed easily?
    If you have multiple domains pointing to the same webspace ie. site1 then the extra domains or pointers cannot have separate mail unless you create them as separate sites and forward the web traffic to the main site.

I hope that makes sense :)
    JohnK wrote:
    4A. Can I setup catch-all email addresses? (so that anything sent to my domain will be seen by me)
    Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it as you will be swamped with spam and other junk.
    JohnK wrote:
    4B. Can they be set up for each domain pointed at the package?

See above
    JohnK wrote:
    I think thats about it... :)

No problem

If you have any other queries just let us know

Michele

• Advertisement

Well it sounds like pretty much everything I want is there so I think I'll give it a go :D
    blacknight wrote:
    If you have multiple domains pointing to the same webspace ie. site1 then the extra domains or pointers cannot have separate mail unless you create them as separate sites and forward the web traffic to the main site.

I hope that makes sense :)
    I think I see what your getting at here. So if I have www.mysite.com then I can have web & email on that but if I want to use myotherdomain.com then I can have email on that but the web has to point to www.mysite.com right? Or I have I lot the plot totally? :p

You've got the idea (I think)
    You can split stuff up and do other funky combinations, but if you aren't sure how to achieve your goal just give our tech support team a call and they'll talk you through it

Sweet! Guess I just have to dig out my credit card now :p

Thanks Michele :)

You're welcome.

If you have any (more) questions just let us know

I've signed up now and all seems to be going well :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement