Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about B and L

Options
  • 11-08-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi everyone, I have applied to study Business and Legal studies at UCD this year and i was just wondering could people tell me what the course is like. on a different note, i was wondering if you get a place on-campus (accomodation) can you ask to be in the same flat as one of your friends.

any help appreciated!

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is your third thread on this topic! You must be really interested in it!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054913515
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054877522

Anyway there's plenty about it on the UCD site. You can link to accommodation and the Quinn School from there.

As to the course itself, it's got a great level of choice and is enjoyable enough at times. It's hard work though, so you have to be ready to get the finger out in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 snb

Hi,

I finished B & L last year, and although I'm probably biased, its a well respected, diverse & interesting course.

Word from the wise....... study consistently because whether you chose to go into business or law , all the employers look at your 1st to 4th year grades.

Try to get involved in a sport or society.

Try to do a year abroad during your 4 years.

These are all things I regret not doing !!!!!

Yes, you can request to put with your friend in campus, though it used to be very hard to get into, not so sure now. A good place to love to ,make friends.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

About the campus accomm question - if you've been offered a place then you'll have been offered an actual ROOM which they won't change for you. Normally you can only apply to be in with a friend if you submit your applications together in the same envelope. It's better not to live with your mates though, you'll meet far more people through the two different circles of friends.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

All the applications are online afaik. That means you can't really request to be in with your friends at all.

I'd actually say that you're better off not being in with friends. Living with people you don't know from Adam can be a great way to meet new people in college. You'll be bessie mates within three weeks with most of them, although there are notoriously bad eggs on campus.

I'm sure you'll be well able to suss that out for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

If you have any specific questions about BNL 1+2 I can answer them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

On requesting to live with friends - it's nothing but trouble. You're better off not knowing the people you move in with and getting to know them. Plus, you can distance yourself from them, renting with someone means money and money is the quickest way to break up a friendship that's strained from spending too much time together.

Independence is a great thing. Especially when you claim it rather than have it thrust upon you.

Best of luck, results are out wednesday, aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭joxer05

yea, results out on wed. applications for law are up 20%. hopefully i'll get the points. i'm beginning to get worried:D do you study b n l yourself blush?

Advertisement