Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband - telling porkies?

• 11-08-2006 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

NTL cable dude said the other day that they'll be around on Tuesday to install the TV but said if we wanted broadband, we'd have to wait 4-5 weeks as they're rolling out broadband in the area.

The 'area' is Charlemont St, Dublin 2, just over the canal, near Harcourt St. An apartment complex.

Now, I've heard this '4-5 weeks' thing before from NTL. Last I heard, NTL was heamorraging money and desperately looking for an investor. That their internet was somewhere between life-support and the crematorium. Last I read, they'd been (nearly) bought out by some crowd.

My question: better to just get eircom broadband, because at least there'd be a chance of seeing a webpage this side of armageddon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

DadaKopf wrote:
    Last I heard, NTL was heamorraging money and desperately looking for an investor. That their internet was somewhere between life-support and the crematorium. Last I read, they'd been (nearly) bought out by some crowd.

Where have you been?

NTL has been bought by UPC which also owns Chorus. UPC is a big European broadband provider that uses the name Chello on the continent. They've begun the process of merging the 2 and as of last week the broadband has been separated from NTL UK. Several long threads on the subject here.

None of this helps you of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Go for the NTL BB, far better the Eircon or any other I have seen or tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

As said above your NTL info is pretty out of date! Nay sayers here will say NTL have practically no BB coverage in Dublin but I am finding more and more people I know / visit have it. If you can get NTL BB do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

My question is about the truthiness of NTL's claim that it'll be available in our area in four-to-five weeks.

What do you guys viddy that?

Advertisement