Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruud left out of Dutch squad

• 11-08-2006 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Ruud left out of Dutch squad

Ruud van Nistelrooy has been omitted from the Netherlands squad to face ireland next week

Ruud van Nistelrooy has been omitted by Netherlands coach Marco van Basten from his squad for next Wednesday's friendly with the Republic of Ireland in Dublin.

The Real Madrid player was left out of the starting line-up for the World Cup last 16 match with Portugal which saw the Oranje eliminated.

He was in the original training squad named for the Ireland match but did not make the final cut.

Ajax scoring prodigy Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who was controversially overlooked for the World Cup, has been included in the squad along with Ajax team-mate Urby Emanuelson and AZ Alkmaar's Stijn Schaars.

Personally i would have liked to see him play with him being a former United player that i never got to see play, is he carrying a slight injury or anything or just cause of a bad world cup?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

bizarre decision. maybe he is just giving him a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

probably a falling out with Van Basten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Its quite ironic, two people to have fallen out of favour with Ferguson in the past and move on, Beckham and RVN both get dropped the same day from their national squads.
    beckhams not surprising but Ruud is a bit,not sure he is giving him a rest he has only played 3-5 games in 3 months so he is hardly tired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Think it has got to do more with a young striker called Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

That boy is class, scored another 2 during the week for Ajax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Huntelaar may be good but if there really was no ill feeling between RvN and MvB then i doubt he would have been dropped and still have Venegoor of Hesselink still in the squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

There was clear ill feeling between the two at the WC.

Chasing the game against Portugal who would you rather bring on? RVN or Venegoor of Hesslink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this is just ridiculous. I feel real bad for him actually.

in the world cup he went with kuyt against portugal and he is rubbish and still all the talk was about liverpool or man utd linked with kuyt. who would want him. everything i saw of him was rubbish. Ruud is proven as a top goalscorer and he gets dropped?! football managers need to get off their high chairs and realise who wins matches for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Judging by van Basten's comments today, he is moving on without him.
    "We are now preparing for qualification for the European Championships in two years and we had to make choices," said Van Basten. "In our opinion we picked the best squad and they will have our confidence for the coming period."
    Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The following players have been excluded from the provisional squad of 31:

Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax)
    Khalid Boulahrouz (Hamburg)
    Giovanni van Bronckhorst (FC Barcelona)
    Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool)
    Gijs Luirink (AZ Alkmaar)
    Barry Opdam (AZ Alkmaar)
    Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)
    Mark van Bommel (FC Barcelona)
    Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax)
    George Boateng (Middlesbrough)
    Ryan Babel (Ajax)
    Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)
    Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Van Basten is probably one of my favourite players of all time but I don't rate him as a manager at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Big Nelly wrote:
    Think it has got to do more with a young striker called Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

That boy is class, scored another 2 during the week for Ajax

He is amazing, how manyu goals did he score last season?
    Was something like 28 by christmass and another 15 after that?
    Great, Great player, how he wasn't in the world cup squad ahead of the godawefull Babel I don't know.

Is Seedorf still being left out of the squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

eirebhoy wrote:
    The following players have been excluded from the provisional squad of 31:

Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax)
    Khalid Boulahrouz (Hamburg)
    Giovanni van Bronckhorst (FC Barcelona)
    Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool)
    Gijs Luirink (AZ Alkmaar)
    Barry Opdam (AZ Alkmaar)
    Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)
    Mark van Bommel (FC Barcelona)
    Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax)
    George Boateng (Middlesbrough)
    Ryan Babel (Ajax)
    Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)
    Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord)

Any manager who leaves out players of the caliber of GioVB, van Bommel and van Nistelrooy is asking for a sacking

It's a bloody friendly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Seaneh wrote:
    It's a bloody friendly!

Friendly match before the Euro 08 qualifiers..... after their lame World Cup the Dutch need to be getting their house on order and leaving out 3 of your best players out of the team let alone the bloody squad isn't the cleverest thing to be doing. It's quite obvious there is some personality clash between van Basten and van Nistelrooy so I expect that's the main reason he's gone, the other 2 I'm baffled.

Have you seen Italys Squad?

Friendlys are for tryng out new players, tatics and so on, they are for giing younger and uncapped players a taste of the level and seeing if they take thier chance.

What is the point of using your starting 11 for every friendly match? There is none!

To be honest I'd be delighted if Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Kilbane, Morisson and a few others don't start so as Dixon, O'Brien and so on do.

We Know what our first team players are capable of, and we know how they play, what you sould be doing for a friendly ineternational is exactly what Stan, Van Basten, McClaren and Donadoni are doing, using lineups that are not tested and seeing how they do.

Our first 11 won't be available for every match and when it does happen I'd rather we had a combination to relace the 2-3 players who might be missing for any given match that have been tested and has some idea of whats expected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seaneh wrote:
    Have you seen Italys Squad?

Friendlys are for tryng out new players, tatics and so on, they are for giing younger and uncapped players a taste of the level and seeing if they take thier chance.

What is the point of using your starting 11 for every friendly match? There is none!

To be honest I'd be delighted if Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Kilbane, Morisson and a few others don't start so as Dixon, O'Brien and so on do.

We Know what our first team players are capable of, and we know how they play, what you sould be doing for a friendly ineternational is exactly what Stan, Van Basten, McClaren and Donadoni are doing, using lineups that are not tested and seeing how they do.

Our first 11 won't be available for every match and when it does happen I'd rather we had a combination to relace the 2-3 players who might be missing for any given match that have been tested and has some idea of whats expected!
    Well imo friendly's should be used to see how untested players (like the one's you've mentioned) play along side tried and tested players. Wholesale changes are no use as they don't provide you with any useful insight.

But I agree that people shouldn't be getting their knickers in a twist over ommissions or inclusions for friendlies

Well yeah, i'm not saying have a whole new 11 for a friendly but one player in every area (defence, midfeild, attack) is a good idead at least!

And just because I've said like 10 times already here is the Italy squad! and nobody in Italy is calling Donadoni for leaving players out, they are priasing him for giving players a chance, as it should be!

Goalkeepers
    Marco Amelia (Livorno), Flavio Roma (Monaco)

Defenders
    Daniele Bonera (Milan), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giulio Falcone (Sampdoria), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Christian Terlizzi (Sampdoria), Luciano Zauri (Lazio), Cristian Zenoni (Sampdoria)

Midfielders
    Massimo Ambrosini (Milan), Gennaro Del Vecchio (Sampdoria), Massimo Gobbi (Fiorentina), Fabio Liverani (Fiorentina), Stefano Morrone (Livorno), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Franco Semioli (Chievo)

Forwards
    Andrea Caracciolo (Palermo), David Di Michele (Palermo), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Mauro Esposito (Cagliari), Cristiano Lucarelli (Livorno), Tommaso Rocchi (Lazio)

P.S

No World Cup Squad Players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Is that am Italian B international match ?

• Advertisement

Full international Friendly, Donadoni's frist game in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ruud will force his way in, cause he will score so much for Real Madrid that Van Basten will have no choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ruud scored a peno against Salt Lake in a friendly yesterday and assisted Robinho for the 2nd.

Advertisement