Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was yer last dream? Quick before you forget it!

• 11-08-2006 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

I woke up this morning after a good 11 hours kip and was dreaming for a good while until I woke up suddenly and this is the one I just had;

I was doing a plumbing job for an ungrateful rich twát, who kept changing his mind about what he wanted doing and it was driving me nuts. I even got him a mate to fit him a new designer conservatory while I was doing the plumbing.

After the rich ass said finally he wanted the plumbing changing again, I asked me mate if he was getting a load of stick also, and the conservatory he had put up, he had to take down again cos the rich fecker was acting the ass.

I said right if you don't like it then I'll feck off, and when I went to put my tools away, my van had dissapeared and I had just bought the fecker!

I thought richboy had something to do with it so I was going to call the cops, but the rich barstard was now me pub landlord and I was in his pub and he said the pub payphone did not work and plus I was pissed and could not call the cops.

Feck, I thought no van, fecked around by an eejit and having to walk home, wet arse and no fish, then I woke up. Ah, I enjoyed me breakfast though.

Dreams are mostly to do with recent events though.

I have just sold me van and I'm buying a new one, and I have done a rake of jobs this week for a load of local millionaires who were the snottiest, whinging customers I have come across.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I don't remember my dreams from the last couple of nights, I've been trying to get my sleeping pattern in order so it's been up and out of bed as soon as I wake, no lying about remembering dreams :-/ (still though, it's nice to be getting up early for a change).

The last dream I remember, three nights ago, was quite good. I had been reading the Lucid Dreaming wikibook before going to bed and made a point before falling asleep to drill the idea of becoming lucid into my head.

It only sort of worked though :) ..I was on a beach in the dream and again started thinking about lucid dreaming, but I didn't actually realise I was dreaming. I still managed to have a bit of control over what I was doing and thinking, but my brain accepted all of it as real.

Felt pretty silly when I woke up actually... all of a sudden it became very obvious to me that swimming five feet above the water isn't something that's possible in 'real life' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I won the lotto in my dream last night. €3.8 million to be exact. :D

The odd time I have this dream, but rarely actually do the lottery. I'm a bit jammy with it though, it isn't often I walk away with nothing. Even if it is just a scratch card. The most I've ever gotten is 5 numbers.

Le sigh... I was living it up good and proper in the dream. It is crap when you wake up and realise you're still broke. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Found myself stuck in a wheelchair having to get around a version of town turned into an assault course.

Ended up hacking and customising a version of the one I was stuck in as a teen so it could be hauled up and around scaffolding by hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I was trying to catch a train and just missed it. I was just on the last step of the plathform and the train driver closed the doors and wave bye to myself and my son. I was trying to get to Dublin for an appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I was at an amusement park with a bunch of friends and went on this amazing rocket ride! I was flying through the air and thought it was so :cool: !
    But I woke up before I landed. Dang!

L4L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

I had a dream I went to this giant shoppin centre, but i was there before in another dream

and I was with my old mate who i dont hang around with, but still talk 2 online

and i was buyin samurai swords

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Was out surfing, lost my board to a wave, and got caught in the undertow, which kept taking me further out to sea. I swam against it, but to no avail. Further and further it took me out until I could no longer see the coast. Just water all around, with no sense of direction. I kept rotating trying to see a land mark, but only water. I began to panic, then woke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

wrote:
    I won the lotto in my dream last night. €3.8 million to be exact.

Would the jackpot be close enough to €3.8 million on Wednesday I wonder... wasn't won last night either.

I only got the four numbers last night dammit. €49 is better than a slap in the face I guess. :) Jammy I tells ya!

*Sniffs the air*

I can smellllll da monaaaay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

... a purple disembodied arm pointing off to the left at nothing in particular while a voice said "open the envelope, open the envelope..."

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

I dreamt i was eating a ten pound marsh mallow.. woke up this morning and the pillow was gone...!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I remember I heard Slayer, Megadeth and GNR were doing a gig together, and for front row tickets (it was sitting and indoor for whatever bizare reason) it cost €700! I was like "**** that! I can't afford that, I only work 2/3 nights a week!".

Then I remember I got a friend to come along who wanted to see someone else, instead of GNR, and whom we both were convinced were playing instead. When he found out that band wasn't playing he was really pissed and didn't talk to me for the rest of the concert.

that's all I can remember

I woke at 3AM thinking "Hey! That was a dream I just had! And it was pretty cool! I'll have to remember that one and log it!
    Now I can't remember it at all!
    grrrr!

hey! I remembered! I was Goalie in a soccer game!
    Now THAT is very odd for this American to dream of such things!

L4L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I cannot tell. But last night was with someone special. So real:p Guess they were on my mind when I dropped off to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Last night's dream just came to me during the day after seeing the name Sean, as a Sean was in my dream. I was at a training session, and I didnt have the right gear (seemed like a bigger deal at the time) and I went out, talking to Sean and we were attacked. All I can remeber. Cant help but notice that all my dreams involve attacking!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Had a very vivid dream last night where nearly all of Dublin city centre was in flames and I was trying to find a shop still open that sold cigarettes!

Lots of the auld favourite recurring dreams about trains recently. Had a very funny one in which I was getting a train (not a DART for some reason) from Howth station and I was holding a parcel. A Pakisaanti porter came chasing after me shouting 'have you filled in the inventory form for that?" and a second porter on the train helped me on saying in a thick Dublin accent "Jaysus! Never mind yer man!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I had a very strange dream a couple of nights ago about 2 guys breaking into my apartment and trying to rape me and my flatmate , I managed to do a pretty decent job on one of em with my ninja star , but then the other guy locked me in this shed , it was just full of blood, I was fairly creeped out when I woke after that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

I was in the restaurant on deck on a ship with an elderly Japanese couple who couldnt stop laughing, and as a result, neither could I. There was some grumpy staff member at the top of the restaurant who kept telling us that if we didnt behave, he'd throw us off the ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Eh, I was on the number 18 bus to kylemore road (one of my work busses), and when I got up to get off, my spine, rib-cage and shoulder blades, eh, detached themselves and remained on the seat. TERRIFYING!!! I couldn't feel physical pain obviously, but I could still...sense it or something. Woke up panicking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

I was pregnant and kept feeling my tummy...it was the weirdest sensation ever. Me and my mum were in some clinic and SHE was the one who informed me of my pregnancy. Next thing i know, I was at a BBQ with most of my relations there and I was eating chicken wings. Then someone from work turned up, threw me the keys to my car (i have a car now?!?) and that was that!

Needless to say when I woke up I had to make sure that my belly was still the same as it was when i went to sleep :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sirpipalot

Sitting in a coffee club for breakfast doing shots...

it was like a crossover between saturday night and sunday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Had a dream I was workin backstage in a play with me mates

then I was in work on the top floor, and found out once of me coworkers was a mafia guy, and he had a gun, so he chased me down all the stairs down into the underground carpark

then i woke up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I was lactating in the bread aisle of a supermarket.. :/ It was incredibly weird. There was no baby or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

AFTER the beers I dreamt one member of staff at the porter house cut the other guys tackle off , he was bleeding mad and I started asking him about alcohol import tax and then Sutty starts asking can you claim the VAT back on alcohol , That was mad!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't know why I was dreaming that we had a library with every book ever writen in it, in my house.
    Cooool dream though, all I remember is reading and arguing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Twas another pleasant (or unpleasant when you wake up to reality:D ) dream about winning the lottery and just travelling anywhere and everywhere with friends living life to the full,unfortunately the alarm went @ 7.45 and it was time to get up :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

All I can remember from my last dream was gettin a present just before waking up. That present was indeed an alarm clock :mad:

I've been in a bad mood ever since

Advertisement