Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We don't know how good we have it.....

• 11-08-2006 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Those poor french suckers, imagine being duped into paying €29.00 a month for 28mb Broadband, Free Phone Calls and 200 Digital (some HD) TV channels. We can only gloat and once again feel superior to our continental brethren http://adsl.free.fr/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Rob_T wrote:
    Those poor french suckers, imagine being duped into paying €29.00 a month for 28mb Broadband, Free Phone Calls and 200 Digital (some HD) TV channels. We can only gloat and once again feel superior to our continental brethren http://adsl.free.fr/

To be honest I've just given up comparing what we have in Ireland relative to other countries (that goes not just for broadband as well). I usually placate myself by saying well I dont really need 28mb anyway so....of course thats beside the point. At the very least it would now seem that 8 megs is becoming the new defacto standard but alas, here in the emerald isle our defactos are just a bit less :) including the utterly amazing, baffling and preposterous "timed broadband".

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rob_T

To be honest I've just given up comparing what we have in Ireland relative to other countries (that goes not just for broadband as well). I usually placate myself by saying well I dont really need 28mb anyway so....of course thats beside the point. At the very least it would now seem that 8 megs is becoming the new defacto standard but alas, here in the emerald isle our defactos are just a bit less :) including the utterly amazing, baffling and preposterous "timed broadband".

I know what you mean, I usually try to lets this stuff pass me by without too much comment, but I gotta say that this one just annoys me. I saw it on a TV program the other night on BBC2. They took some punters from the UK to visit this guy in Paris who showed them his set up. The punters were all gobsmacked by how they were being ripped off, if only they knew.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

and to think how late the French were as Internet adopters too, they were mainly Minitel users as late as 2000 or so.

Its because we were such enthusiastic early adopters of th'oul HiNternet here in Ireland that we had to be held back as a matter of policy in case we lost the run of ourselves entirely. Otherwise we would be gibbering in front of our 100Mbits available within 24 hours of order in every boghole in Ireland coz we are a great country and sure we are.

Advertisement