Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What side of the bed do you sleep on?

Options
  • 11-08-2006 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

I can never go to sleep at night unless I sleep on the left hand side of the bed. It just feels so unnatural. I also find that I always end up on the left hand side of the bed when I wake up in the morning as well. So what side of the bed do you sleep on?

Which side do you sleep? 67 votes

Left
    1% 1 vote
    Right
    34% 23 votes
    Middle
    44% 30 votes
    Dont Know
    19% 13 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I never had a preference really. I usually just slept in the middle of the bed. I think my girlfriend prefers the left side, so I'm usually ****ed over to the right when I'm sleeping with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Always have to be on the side close to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Right side. Against the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Left. Although I prefer the right side. Marriage \0/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nearest the door, I feel kind of closed in otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

My bed is against the wall. I usually relax by lyin on me back, then sleep on my side, on the left side, with me back against the wall

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

In the middle too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Next to the wall. If there's no wall, I think I go for the side closest the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Right hand side in my own bed, side furthest from door in strange bed. Dont ask!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Always the left.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

left, or when i get in a double bed (woo for double beds) on my own, diagonal w/ my head by the left pillow. dunno why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Poll Added

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Right side - hanging out over the very edge for some reason

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Tree wrote:
    left, or when i get in a double bed (woo for double beds) on my own, diagonal w/ my head by the left pillow. dunno why
    realised as i was lying in my bed last night taht when i said left i meant left as you sntad and llook at the bed, but if you lie in its it/s the right. so what's the poll's angle on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

kshiel wrote:
    Always have to be on the side close to the door.
    me too! Always have, and always will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

me too! Always have, and always will
    me three

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Double bed all for me (\0/), so diagonally/ middle but my head tends to be on the left pillows. When sharing, always the left, nearest the door ;)

Tree wrote:
    realised as i was lying in my bed last night taht when i said left i meant left as you sntad and llook at the bed, but if you lie in its it/s the right. so what's the poll's angle on it?

When ur in bed :D !

then consider my previous post mirrored and woo!

the poll is pretty divided, handy when half the world shares a bed w/ the othr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Missy A

stepbar wrote:
    When ur in bed :D !

Oh, well then I mean left...I put "right" on the poll. Wupps.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Single bed, in the middle, with somebody in a double bed, closest to the door as I worry...
    On my own, I think on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Closest to the door which has usually been the left side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Left hand side. Always. Boyfriend tries to persuade me to switch over but I won't!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I always sleep on the top side of the bed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Wait, How are we defining left and right here?

Lying in bed facing the ceiling? Standing at the bottom of the bed facing the headboard? If it's the former, then I sleep on the right side of my bed (double). Sometimes stretch out and change position throughout the night, but usually end up on the right again.

And I've only just noticed, that in strange beds, I always sleep on the side closest the door. Never even occurred to me before!

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Left with my back to the wall, facing/nearest to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

i sleep eather side or in the middle doesnt really bother me..

The majority have spoken.... The right hand side of the bed is the most popular side to sleep on. Personally I find that very uncomfortable but everybody to their own side I suppose :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I like the left side. When I wake up on the right side; I know I'm in for a world of bollicking for getting soooo-****ing drunk last night!

Can't believe this is unique tbh! In a nutshell she makes me wake up on the wrong-side of the bed; but only when I strictly deserve it!

Advertisement