Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wall mount LCD

• 11-08-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I want to attach my new lcd tv to the wall, ideally with one of those mounts that will allow me to pull it in different directions (flat against wall, 45 degrees when I'm watching it from the armchair, 70 degrees when i'm lying on the couch, etc :)). I'm a little worried about the specifics of it though.

I'd rather not watch my pride and joy fall 10 feet to my hard wooden floor. The wall I want to attach it to is the main dividing wall between 2 houses. Will the mount come with everything I need, or should I spend extra money buying top notch rawls, etc. I saw a few in B&Q last week - are they all much of a muchness, as long as I get one that fits the size of my tv?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

corblimey wrote:
    Will the mount come with everything I need, or should I spend extra money buying top notch rawls, etc.
    Well that really depends on the one that you buy. It's like asking if the new car you're buying has air conditioning, some do some don't.

I'm actually hanging my Plasma this weekend......fingers crossed I don't make a mess out of it!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

BaZmO* wrote:
    Well that really depends on the one that you buy. It's like asking if the new car you're buying has air conditioning, some do some don't.
    Not exactly Bazmo. I'm sure whatever bracket I get will have everything I need, but I wonder if they'll supply the very tip-top quality or would I be better off spending extra money on them. Basically, they'll supply what I need, but with this sort of thing, I reckon it's better to spend more.

corblimey wrote:
    Not exactly Bazmo. I'm sure whatever bracket I get will have everything I need, but I wonder if they'll supply the very tip-top quality or would I be better off spending extra money on them. Basically, they'll supply what I need, but with this sort of thing, I reckon it's better to spend more.
    Sorry. I misunderstood what you meant. Some will actually supply the fixings that you need others won't. The one that I got, for example, supplied the fixings that I would need if I was going into a Stud of a stud partition and I would've had no problem using them If I was. However, as I'm going to be mounting it on Dob & Dab Plasterboard I'll need to get different fixings.

You really just need to find out if the fixings are suitable for the application and if they are they'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

do you realise the angles your talking about sound extreme

the most i would hang a plasma or lcd from the wall is about 10-20 degrees out from the wall

eoinf wrote:
    do you realise the angles your talking about sound extreme

the most i would hang a plasma or lcd from the wall is about 10-20 degrees out from the wall
    It depends on the mount. Some mounts are on an arm that angles out from the wall and are designed specifically for that. Although personally i wouldn't feel too safe mount a large plasma on one. You would want to be sure that it was well fixed to the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

the new Lava Motorised wall bracket with remote control that will work on on all plasma and LCD up to 50kg. It extends to a 90' viewing angle and can also be ceiling mounted for flip down effect.Available from www.cleansounds.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

corblimey wrote:

I'd rather not watch my pride and joy fall 10 feet to my hard wooden floor.

10 feet is a little high don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Here's how I mounted my LCD - tricky one!

Advertisement