Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all you 3 bed mid terrace owners

Options
  • 11-08-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

i got access to one of the three bed mid terrace houses to measure up for floors etc as we're moving into one in october. imagine my horror when i measured up the 'master bedroom' and discovered that it's even smaller than our current master bedroom (we're living in one of the 2 bed mid-terrace houses).

according to my calculations, by the time i put in my bog standard 5 foot bed i will have about 30 centimetres left between the foot of it and the wardrobe!!!!! not even enough to open the bleeding wardrobe doors. tell me this isn't true.

i'm just about overcoming the trauma of steps and a sloping garden. someone please give me some good news.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

why so shocked ! lots of the houses are not the same as the plans.
    ours 2 mid-t bed is 6" bigger in the kitchen and 6" smaller in the sitting room.
    our friends house was 3" too narrower the full lengeth and they managed to get another property insted. mabey see if you can get sliding doors on the wardrobe.
    you can try and do somthing about it before you move in if you want or lump it and say nothing its up to you. check your rights first and then look at your options. mabey you can get a discount or somthing.

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Two words... Attic conversion.
    Then knock the second double and single into one large bedroom.

Am in a 3 bed semi and thinking of doing the above..

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

do you reckon you'd get a double room in the attic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

we were talking about the seme over the weekend so went for a drive arond and no 3 beds for sale. i think it would be possible to do.
    go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EllieD

Hi there! I am a bit late in the game, but you are quite correct - having a hard time trying to find a nice bed to fit into our master bedroom (3-bed mid-terrace). The guest room is no problem - in fact we have had to resort to sleeping there for the last month - but we going around all the furniture shops with our tape measure trying to find a bed that isn't a divan that will fit between the wall and the cupboard.

Only wish we had thought of this before we got the carpet down when we could still have moved the presses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we have a standard double in ours and can open the wardrobes with about 2cm(!) to spare - its a wooden bedstead we bought in Flanagans of Mount Merrion.

if I had the money I'd rip out the existing wardrobe and build a new one surrounding the bed on the opposite wall. Something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EllieD

Nice!

Will have to check out Flannagans. Thanks!

Advertisement