Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betrayed by best friend

• 11-08-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently told my best friend something really important. I specificaly told her not to tell anyone, emphasising her boyfriend who is an untrustworthy a$$hole. However i have recently learned she told him. I'm so upset over it, she has not apologised just saying she "had" to tell him. I know he has told other people. I don't know what to do. If others find out about this it's going to ruin me. Please help. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

some ppl have no idea how to keep a secret. its hard considering she hasnt said sorry so by rights theres no need to forgive her. sucky situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Theres nothing you can do I'm afraid OP, just pick carefully in future who you tell your secrets. Sorry to hear about your situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

as ruu said, there's nothing you can do without a time machine here.

maybe talk good and hard with your friend and make sure her boyfriend doesn't go spouting whatever the word is to anyone else, or if you're that angry, walk away and let you friend figure out how you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Only 1 person can keep a secret safely.

Telling anyone is a risk. Welcome to life. Try to pick your friends better.

How old are you? You sound about 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Only 1 person can keep a secret safely.

Telling anyone is a risk. Welcome to life. Try to pick your friends better.

How old are you? You sound about 12?

thats not advice thats an insult:rolleyes:

everyone makes mistakes OP,maybe try talking to her one more time about it and if she doesnt apologise then at least you'll know not to tell her secrets in future

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Sony wrote:
    thats not advice thats an insult:rolleyes:

No Sony is a tool is an insult.

The post was harsh advice.

The OP should realise that some couples blab everthing to each other. If she's her best friend she should know that already, unless as I said earlier she's a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

Advertisement