Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business cards

Options
  • 11-08-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

quick question:

on a business card, should you state your main residence or your secondary residence? is there a law?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

<Moved from work/jobs forum. The posters in business/economy should know the answer better. If there are no answers, i'll move the thread back.

However, i really cannot imagine that there is any law on whether you put your main or secondary residence on a business card. Maybe if you have a limited company then you have to put the registered address of the LTD company on the business cards, if the LTD company name is on the business card?

Otherwise, it would require a law saying that whenever you print a piece of paper with your name and address on it and give it to someone, it must have your primary address on it. Which is highly impractical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

For a company: (eg Widgetworld Ltd)

Section 114 (1) of the companies Act 1963 requires the company name in legible characters to be stated on all business letters, notices and official publications, bill of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements, cheques and order for money or goods.

Regulation 9 (1) of the European Community Regulations 1973 requires all stationery to show the companies name, country of registration, its registered number and the address of its registered office.

For a registered business name: (eg John Smith trading as Widgetworld)
    Section 14 of the registration of Business Names Act 1963 requires a business name to show its full registered name on all stationery.

For an unregistered business name: (eg John Smith trading as John Smith)
    It seems (from my research at least) that the, Business Names Act 1963, doesn't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Business cards are an advertising item essentially and thus you can put whatever contact information you like on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

wyndham wrote:
    Business cards are an advertising item essentially and thus you can put whatever contact information you like on them.

Business cards: "stationary" or "advertising", discuss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

U can put what u like on business cards - I think it's only headed paper where you have to put your full company name, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement