Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I buy

Options
  • 11-08-2006 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Alright I have about 1600 euro, I was wondering would anyone have any advice on what I should purchase. I had been considering a MESH computer and had actually ordered http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=100507

But when I asked about potential discounts with AMD droping prices they could'nt tell me when they would bring prices in line, so i've cancelled and am now awaiting a new quote.
    So now I'm unsure weather to buy AMD or Core2Duo.
    If anyone has a good system on komplette or knows a good ready built system let me know.
    Oh yeah its for gaming.
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Hi Joe, I think you would need to give a bit more information for people here to help you out. You mentioned gaming, is it soley for gaming?

What I have been doing is looking back through previous posts when people have posted up specs of what they intended to buy, you'll learn alot doing this.

Have you considered building your own pc or do you just want to get one thats already built?

Whether you want an AMD or Core2Duo it depends on the cost/performance you're willing to put up with. The conroe's seem to kick AMD's ass, but now that AMD have dropped prices they're also some nice bargains to be had there. The conroes also seem to be quite hard to get at the moment

Good luck with it anyway for 1600 you should be able to build/buy a pretty decent PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well tbh, the AMD price cuts are only good if you're comparing clock-to-clock on X2's vs C2D's (ie both @ 2.4Ghz or whatever) -- if both CPUs are equal price-wise, C2D's just kick ass.
    Plus they're supposed to be better overclockers ;) ...

As for that Mesh PC, 2x7600GS is only good if you want a silent PC, and as it is you'd be better off buying a single passive-cooled 7600GT (single GT is only slightly slower than dual-GS)

And on-board sound?? For a €1600 machine that's way too skimpy!

Advertisement